+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flue pipe insulation

Post Likes

Flue pipe insulation

Hello all! I’ve never worked on fireplaces or owned one until now so here’s my setup. Original owners had a freestanding wood stove on a bricked in corner of the living room. Two years ago they replaced the roof as well as the 8” wide stainless steel chimney before selling us the house. My wife recently brought home a Regency m/n C33-NG2 natural gas stove. As shown in the install manual I plan on running the 4” b-vent this stove uses thru the existing SS chimney. Is there any kind of insulation that is used to fill in the void between the 8” and 4” flues to limit heat transfer into and out of the house?
    This model didn’t have the blower in it so I was thinking of maybe a wireless kind of tstat for controlling it, any preferences for that? Thanks all

bettyMitchell Guest
    I don't know. But I think it's better to ask seller at the store.

Post Likes
    AFAIK, B-vent should not be insulated. Just seal the entrance and exit at the stainless steel pipe.
    As for a blower, get what the manufacturer offers.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Thanks kdean1, I had about given up on this thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in