Hello all! I’ve never worked on fireplaces or owned one until now so here’s my setup. Original owners had a freestanding wood stove on a bricked in corner of the living room. Two years ago they replaced the roof as well as the 8” wide stainless steel chimney before selling us the house. My wife recently brought home a Regency m/n C33-NG2 natural gas stove. As shown in the install manual I plan on running the 4” b-vent this stove uses thru the existing SS chimney. Is there any kind of insulation that is used to fill in the void between the 8” and 4” flues to limit heat transfer into and out of the house?
This model didn’t have the blower in it so I was thinking of maybe a wireless kind of tstat for controlling it, any preferences for that? Thanks all