Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 37 of 37
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Aren't those only approved when connecting appliances to an existing masonry chimney?

    In the case of the OP, there is no masonry chimney.

    I never could see why one would add a draft hood to an induced draft furnace, when a barometric damper and properly tune furnace would solve all the problems.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    I had one of those rascals in an indoor closet give me trouble one time. It worked fine with the door open but tripped with the door closed. It turned out that with no upper combustion air, the closet heated up enough to trip the flue limit. Darn building codes : /
    What was the "Setting" of that limit btuhack?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    On the water but near the hood
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    What was the "Setting" of that limit btuhack?
    I want to say 170°. I did a smoke test across the limit which checked out and the flue work was straight forward and correct so I fastened my K type lead to the limit location and watched it ever so slowly creep up to the trip point which was accurate. But like I said, only with the closet door shut. My local carrier tech support guy is very good and after poking around, he said there are no know issues with the limit or design. The application was vertical upflow.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    I want to say 170°. I did a smoke test across the limit which checked out and the flue work was straight forward and correct so I fastened my K type lead to the limit location and watched it ever so slowly creep up to the trip point which was accurate. But like I said, only with the closet door shut. My local carrier tech support guy is very good and after poking around, he said there are no know issues with the limit or design. The application was vertical upflow.
    I had a Miller Condensing gas, in a basement, with that Serpentine Heat exchanger do something like this, about 16 years ago, & it caused me to almost "Go Postal".

    After several hours of "testing", I finally removed the Limit, from it's mounting hole, & watched the Heat exchanger, ..... That POS, .. as it heated up, moved towards the front of the furnace like a Cobra striking, only much slower!

    I then placed Chalk powder on the back of the limit, remounted it, & fired it back up, ..... Sure enough, after the limit "kicked", I shut the furnace down, dismounted the limit, & saw a gob of Chalk powder on the Heat exchanger!

    I then did all of this again, but video taped it with a very Clear Picture of the chalk on the heat exchanger, & then I contacted the "Dysfunctional" Miller/ Intertherm/ Maytag/ Nordyne/ Blah, blah, blah Tech Service, ... And they Told me, that I didn't know what I was talking about!!!

    To make th' Story Short, ... I provided Temporary Heat for My Customer, & after Applying a Great Deal of Public & Legal Pressure, they supplied another furnace, & paid me to install it.

    But this event, is one of the several reasons, why I'll NEVER Willingly Install another of their products.

    You might want to check out something "Abnormal"
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    42
    Post Likes
    ICP Factory rep. was who said they needed them

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,709
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by opey456 View Post
    ICP Factory rep. was who said they needed them
    Can you clarify this.......

    The Factory Rep. has you installing this "Chimney Adapter Kit" (Draft Hood) to every Induced Draft furnace (N8MPN, N8MPL, N8MPT & N8MPV)?
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    On the water but near the hood
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I had a Miller Condensing gas, in a basement, with that Serpentine Heat exchanger do something like this, about 16 years ago, & it caused me to almost "Go Postal".

    After several hours of "testing", I finally removed the Limit, from it's mounting hole, & watched the Heat exchanger, ..... That POS, .. as it heated up, moved towards the front of the furnace like a Cobra striking, only much slower!

    I then placed Chalk powder on the back of the limit, remounted it, & fired it back up, ..... Sure enough, after the limit "kicked", I shut the furnace down, dismounted the limit, & saw a gob of Chalk powder on the Heat exchanger!

    I then did all of this again, but video taped it with a very Clear Picture of the chalk on the heat exchanger, & then I contacted the "Dysfunctional" Miller/ Intertherm/ Maytag/ Nordyne/ Blah, blah, blah Tech Service, ... And they Told me, that I didn't know what I was talking about!!!

    To make th' Story Short, ... I provided Temporary Heat for My Customer, & after Applying a Great Deal of Public & Legal Pressure, they supplied another furnace, & paid me to install it.

    But this event, is one of the several reasons, why I'll NEVER Willingly Install another of their products.

    You might want to check out something "Abnormal"
    Dilly dilly.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    42
    Post Likes
    Been a couple of years ago I do not remember the model number of the furnaces. Both (only issue on two- didnt sell the product very long) were horizontal left 100 or 125,000 btu furnaces with less than 15' 4" Bvent installed in attics. I have no idea what a masonry adapter kit is used for. Every furnace in my region that I have ever seen is vented through the roof or out side wall up and above roof line. The piece we installed was basically a single wall to double wall adapter. Single wall connected to elbow inside those furnaces, and was about 5" long so it extended just outside the cabinet of furnace.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,709
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by opey456 View Post
    Been a couple of years ago I do not remember the model number of the furnaces. Both (only issue on two- didnt sell the product very long) were horizontal left 100 or 125,000 btu furnaces with less than 15' 4" Bvent installed in attics. I have no idea what a masonry adapter kit is used for. Every furnace in my region that I have ever seen is vented through the roof or out side wall up and above roof line. The piece we installed was basically a single wall to double wall adapter. Single wall connected to elbow inside those furnaces, and was about 5" long so it extended just outside the cabinet of furnace.
    O.K. Thanks. We are talking about two different pieces of equipment.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    42
    Post Likes
    [IMG]vent.jpg[/IMG]

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,709
    Post Likes
    These are what I am describing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •