+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bit confused on iManifold dual port manometer

Post Likes

Bit confused on iManifold dual port manometer

If I recall correctly, one of the guys from Northpark commented that it wasn't possible to have both the highside and lowside pressures from the manometer reported on the app simultaneously? The current app only provides high side, low side, or differential.

Well, I just watched a youtube video by Northpark from April 2018 that shows the report providing all three of these measurements.

What gives???
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Can you post a link to the video?
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    If I recall correctly, one of the guys from Northpark commented that it wasn't possible to have both the highside and lowside pressures from the manometer reported on the app simultaneously? The current app only provides high side, low side, or differential.

Well, I just watched a youtube video by Northpark from April 2018 that shows the report providing all three of these measurements.

What gives???
    Good morning, The app will show those readings. The manometer has a single sensor and can only measure one reading such as that across an evaporator. You can take a low and high side reading but you need to that that in two separate steps. We intend to correct that with our 2.0 hardware. Hope this clarifies things.

Post Likes
    Hello Gents:

Mr. Mgennius, is correct with the current iManifold hardware:

If measuring differential use both sides of the single sensor iManifold Manometer, this will give you the total across the drop being measured.

To measure the negative or the positive pressure of a drop with the iManifold Manometer, you must activate that portion of the application, make the measurement and capture the measurement. This would be done twice, once for the negative and once for the positive and then the application will calculate the total of the two measurements, giving you the total external pressure of the drop being measured.

The current application does not support the mapping of two iManifold Manometers, but the new application does support two iManifold Manometers to be mapped one to negative and one to positive eliminating the multiple steps.

Hope this helps

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RGR3 View Post
    Hello Gents:

Mr. Mgennius, is correct with the current iManifold hardware:

If measuring differential use both sides of the single sensor iManifold Manometer, this will give you the total across the drop being measured.

To measure the negative or the positive pressure of a drop with the iManifold Manometer, you must activate that portion of the application, make the measurement and capture the measurement. This would be done twice, once for the negative and once for the positive and then the application will calculate the total of the two measurements, giving you the total external pressure of the drop being measured.

The current application does not support the mapping of two iManifold Manometers, but the new application does support two iManifold Manometers to be mapped one to negative and one to positive eliminating the multiple steps.

Hope this helps

So, you're saying I either buy a second manometer or take snap shots.
    Seems that was an oversight on the iConnect manufacturing, seeing as the whole idea of the iConnect was to get all of the information on a Live streaming format.

So, there was no way to integrate a toggle switch on the main screen? Instead, would have to take the time to swipe over to the settings menu, click the probes, find and then click the manometer probe, then click the settings button for that probe, then reconfigure it to high or low side, then back out of the settings menu to the main screen, click the upper left menu button, click on the measurements, click on air side measurements, find the manometer click to take a snap shot, then when I want to check the opposing pressure I have to do all of that over again?

So, instead of creating a new device that would remedy the issue, Northpark decided it would be better to have their customers pay twice for one complete measurement? Thus making the whole kit more cumbersome. Seems we are going backwards. I get it, oversights can happen when developing cutting edge tools, but this is kind of a half hearted work around in my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it agreed that air flow is the most important measurement we need to be certain is correct, first and foremost? I believe this is even stressed in the Northpark videos. Yet, this standard measurement, in order to help ensure we have proper flow, is an after thought?
    Last edited by mgenius33; 11-14-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post

So, you're saying I either buy a second manometer or take snap shots.
    Seems that was an oversight on the iConnect manufacturing, seeing as the whole idea of the iConnect was to get all of the information on a Live streaming format.

So, there was no way to integrate a toggle switch on the main screen? Instead, would have to take the time to swipe over to the settings menu, click the probes, find and then click the manometer probe, then click the settings button for that probe, then reconfigure it to high or low side, then back out of the settings menu to the main screen, click the upper left menu button, click on the measurements, click on air side measurements, find the manometer click to take a snap shot, then when I want to check the opposing pressure I have to do all of that over again?

So, instead of creating a new device that would remedy the issue, Northpark decided it would be better to have their customers pay twice for one complete measurement? Thus making the whole kit more cumbersome. Seems we are going backwards. I get it, oversights can happen when developing cutting edge tools, but this is kind of a half hearted work around in my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it agreed that air flow is the most important measurement we need to be certain is correct, first and foremost? I believe this is even stressed in the Northpark videos. Yet, this standard measurement, in order to help ensure we have proper flow, is an after thought?
    The 921M Manometer Probe has 2 inputs but only one sensor. When installing the probe tips the reading will be the TESP. If you want to see individual measurements, you must capture them individually. It is not a very tedious nor complicated action to do so. It would not be having to purchase another manometer to get both measurements. The positive and negative pressure ports are marked on the head of the probe. In the New iManifold App 2.0 taking the static pressure readings is so much easier than the previous app. The new iManifold App 2.0 is going to be released on Thursday the 15th, so take a look at it then. We have added 35 new features to the app that will blow you away!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in