Post Likes

Is Amana cheaper than Lennox and Daikin?

I got these three quotations.

Amana 2-stage system:
    - Heat pump : ASZC16-0361 2-stage
    - Air handler / Coil : MBVC1600 & CZPF3743D6 (variable speed)
    - Thermostat : WR SENSI 1F86U Wi-FI
    - AHRI : 4415329

Lennox single stage:
    - XP14 2-ton single stage
    - Air handler : CBX27UH
    - iComfort s30 thermostats

And Daikin single stage:
    - Heat Pump : DZ14SA 2-ton single stage
    - Air handler & coil : MBVC 1200 modular blower + a modular coil module
    - Thermostat : Honeywell Wifi Vision Pro 8000

The Amana is cheaper by a good margin, while being a 2-stage system. The XP14 and Daikin DZ14SA are similarly priced, but higher than Amana, while being single stage 2-ton.

A Lennox and Daikin 2-stage would have been even more expensive.

Do you see a reason to justify the Lennox or Daikin higher price? Better build quality, better valve, fan blades, paint, compressor, etc.? Or should I just go with the Amana two stage?

Thanks,

Larry.

P.S.: I originally mistakenly posted in the wrong "commercial" forum, so I now re-post in the right one. Sorry.

Post Likes
    differnt dealers have different price structures , the Amana and Daikin are made in the same Company probably same plant . why is the Amana dealer quoting a 3 ton while the other 2 are quoting 2 ton units . is the Amana a low bid hack with no service after the sale . remember Amana and Goodman are owned by Daikin.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...s-11161770.php
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    These are three very reputable dealers with an actual store with a showroom, receptionist, technicians, nice clean labeled trucks, etc. All with very good reviews.

Being from Montreal, we need more heating BTUs than cooling BTUs. The Amana guys did not explain his quotation in details, but that's what he offered.

The Lennox guy offered me a 3-ton XP25 as well (variable-speed, down to 1-ton), but the price was so high I did not really consider it).

My house currently has a 2-ton AC for cooling that works great (no short cycling during hot days, etc.). So I'm pretty sure this is the right size for cooling. But winter is much more demanding than summer. There's no doubt that even 3-ton heating would not be enough (considering the BTU output in heat mode keeps decreasing with temperature).

Please note that whatever brand I install, it will also come with a 15kw heat strip heater. My house was first built with a 15kw heat strip heater only, before we added the 2-ton AC a few years later. The ducts are pretty big and were working fine with whatever airflow was required for the 15kw heat strips at the time.

I've never had the chance to compare a Amana unit side-by-side with a Daikin unit. Is the Daikin unit better built, or are they clones of each other?

Thanks,

Larry.

Post Likes
    Daikin Amana and Goodman are all the same base model. The daikin has more bells and whistles than Amana and Amana has more bells than Goodman.

Every brand is using similar parts from the major manufacturers of Honeywell ge white Rogers.

Lennox is a good unit I just don’t love them on the service side.

Pick the contractor that will run manual j,d and s For you house. Sounds like your setup may be good for a 2 stage heat pump since you need more heat than cool. That way you can slightly upsize the hp for heat, and in cooling it should usually run in first stage. Variable capacity is another good option but like you saw, expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk