Post Likes

Online refrigeration educational texts

Hello, give been an Ac tech for over a decade now, for other people. I'm on my own now and doing well on the Ac side but I have under a year's worth of refrigeration experience in the field. Obviously I understand the refrigeration cycle and the concepts involved in defrost methods. However i have no formal training in refrigeration, and I mean commercial refrigeration- convenience store coolers and freezers, supermarket coolers and freezers and ice machines.
    I'm looking for an online resource that provides technical training materials for this kind of refrigeration. I prefer online databases because for the cost of one textbook at most you can usually get access to 1,000s of books online.
    So if anyone can point me in the direction of such a website I would be greatly appreciative. If none exists I will also take recommendations for actual books that focus on the more technical troubleshooting information rather than the basic stuff in case I can't find what i need online.
    Thank you

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Moore View Post
    X2 Darryl.

A fabulous book, A Good Read.

Then try Copeland AEB(Application Engineering Bulletins) also check out RSES.

Post Likes
    does that book's title assume ac techs need help with commercial refrigeration?

RSES has a wealth of educational tools, but you need to be a member

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
    does that book's title assume ac techs need help with commercial refrigeration?
    Its not an Assumption!

Post Likes
    https://danfoss.sabacloud.com/Saba/W...RD0064%2Flocal

Danfoss has some awesome trainining stuff online on everything from compressors, sizing systems, TXV's, heat pumps, chillers the whole 9 and it's 100% free.

I've done a bunch of their stuff and it's great.

Just set up an account and find what you want to learn about.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Its not an Assumption!
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it