Post Likes

Milwaukee packout or ???

I've been batting around the idea of getting a Milwaukee packout rig for the install truck. Maybe 2. My thoughts are to drastically reduce the time and effort by cutting the trips back and forth from the truck to a minimum. Most of our install work is gas furnaces and ACs followed by total electric hp systems then oil is the least frequent. Obviously you can't fit everything needed for these jobs in a packout rig but i'm sure we can get all the little stuff that leads to senseless trips back and forth to the trucks.

I see a lot of plumbers using these setups but not hvac. Have any of you done this? How has it worked for you? I know rigid and dewalt make some nice rigs too but all the reviews I've read and watched have led me to favor Milwaukee. Thoughts and experiences?
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    I have committed to the Packout system and am quite happy with how it works for us. We are mainly residential furnace, A/C, water heater, fireplace installation. We use them for almost everything. I can’t imagine anyone purchasing this system and not finding them useful. We have them broken into specific kits (drain, electrical, plumbing, gas, venting, A/C). We mix and match them per job. And now that the drill case is designed to clip right in, it just keeps getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    How would your protect the customers floor from the wheels? I like the concept, but It seems a bit like a liability unless it is a straight walk up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by technocratic View Post
    How would your protect the customers floor from the wheels? I like the concept, but It seems a bit like a liability unless it is a straight walk up.

We use floor runners along the path we use, works well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyEd View Post
    We use floor runners along the path we use, works well

Sweet! I do strictly service, so probably not for me but it would be nice not to have to go to the van for the stupid fitting I forgot to grab.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by technocratic View Post
    Sweet! I do strictly service, so probably not for me but it would be nice not to have to go to the van for the stupid fitting I forgot to grab.

You could arrange the kits in such a way that they are divided into specific types of service calls that contain the essentials and just carry in the one kit that relates to the call and eliminate some trips?

Post Likes
    Are the wheels rubberized or hard plastic?
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Are the wheels rubberized or hard plastic?
    Plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I've got two and one is for service just for keeping all my little diagnostic testers and meters and more fragile parts safely in one spot.