+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True T49-F-4-HC door heaters? S/Ns 9408413, & 9444312

Post Likes

Hmm True T49-F-4-HC door heaters? S/Ns 9408413, & 9444312

Local convenience market purchased two of these freezers (on line) asked me to look at them as they are developing frost around the corners of the doorway openings, and around the hinges. Do these units have heaters? maybe just not insulated in the corners? He has called True and they said he should call the local mechanical company that is a warranty repair company for True. However, because the guy didn't purchase the equipment through them, they don't want to do repairs on the boxes under warranty. Are these boxes supposed to have Mullion or door heaters?
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Parts town will have the manuals.

Purchased on line I’m not supposed they won’t service them in warranty!

Post Likes
    https://www.truemfg.com/Parts/Parts-Listing-Request

I've had very good responses dealing with them directly for parts information. Still have to purchase thru one of their dealers either locally or online, but the are good about giving you the information you need.

Post Likes
    Glob a bunch of black silly cone behind the gaskets in the corners.

5. Likes trippintl0 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It doesn’t matter where it was sold, True should warranty their equipment. Now, I detest buying kitchen equipment online but even so, it should be warrantied. And if True won’t cover equipment sold online then they should prohibit their products from being sold online. That’s ridiculous.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    It doesn’t matter where it was sold, True should warranty their equipment. Now, I detest buying kitchen equipment online but even so, it should be warrantied. And if True won’t cover equipment sold online then they should prohibit their products from being sold online. That’s ridiculous.
    If a customer calls and says i have this unit with a in warranty issue i inform them they pay me my rates parts and labor, they can deal with the manufactures for warranty issues. Just not worth it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    If a customer calls and says i have this unit with a in warranty issue i inform them they pay me my rates parts and labor, they can deal with the manufactures for warranty issues. Just not worth it!
    Man, that is NOT how it works where I’m employed. I’ve lost count to how many manufacturers we are Authorized Service Agents for but NONE of them allow us to operate like that. And that’s what killing my attitude towards that industry. It’s all politics and hand shaking/palm greasing. Being factory authorized is not all it’s cracked up to be.

Say we refuse a warranty call because they won’t pay extended travel or our current rate. The manufacturer can/could/will drop us in a heart beat. So we end up being slaves to these manufacturers and for what? To be able to buy parts at a larger discount? To get those in-warranty service calls? Bunch of headaches and crap if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The only time I do warrant work is for my own customers.
    Why would I waste my time on a call where I make no money on parts and I'm at the mercy of the manufacturer for what my time is worth ?

10. Likes VanMan812 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    Man, that is NOT how it works where I’m employed. I’ve lost count to how many manufacturers we are Authorized Service Agents for but NONE of them allow us to operate like that. And that’s what killing my attitude towards that industry. It’s all politics and hand shaking/palm greasing. Being factory authorized is not all it’s cracked up to be.

Say we refuse a warranty call because they won’t pay extended travel or our current rate. The manufacturer can/could/will drop us in a heart beat. So we end up being slaves to these manufacturers and for what? To be able to buy parts at a larger discount? To get those in-warranty service calls? Bunch of headaches and crap if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get calls from manufactures No Thanks, You don't pay enough. after a few weeks i get a call from the customer agreeing to my terms. They haven't dropped us ..............yet!

On Line Sales are here to stay. Thats not going to end. No manufacture is willing to give up the sales # either. If a customer wants to purchase an Ice maker we get $500 to install it and we'll cover the warranty. Its a gamble yes but does pay off. If they hook it up, heres my bill and the bad part you deal with the factory. A refrigerator or freezer that they plug in, no thanks!

12. Likes VanMan812 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Yep just told a customer that. 3 month old reach in freezing product.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in