+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ram Promaster

Post Likes

Ram Promaster

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a new Ram Promaster 2500 with the 159" wheel base. I am getting mixed reviews with techs in the area and figured I would ask on here to a much bigger audience.

I am in Upstate NY and carry everything from heating, Ac, plumbing and light electrical, so the space it provides is enticing.

My questions are:
    How good in the snow are these?
    Any mechanical issues?
    If buying a new van today, would you buy another one?

If you have information for me, please let me know how long you have had your promaster, and how many miles you have so far.

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    I have one and like working out of it. It is not good in snow...but no new vans are, and neither was my econoline 250. The ergonomics are not the greatest either, the windows don't go down all the way, tires are expensive, plastic in new vehicles is flimsier.

I drove the ford as well, and like the promaster better. Promaster also has a better warranty on the power train.

Keep in mind, that things are not built to last these days, and you will do just fine.

Post Likes
    We use the same rigs, I am based out of portland oregon. Mechanically the font seem to have major issues, but they are only a few years old. They seem a little lite, and the bumper flexes when standing on it. In the snow, they are fairly squirrely, but it does not dump here the way it does on the east coast. Chain up, and all should be well. I like them, but I may wait to buy one used. By the time you get racks,shelves and everything else for you mobile office/shop, you may be into it 50k to 70k.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I appreciate it. I figured a lot more people would have had experience with these. I see them all over the place but only know a couple guys that run them.

Post Likes
    I've had mine since fall 2016. Agree with the handling in snow conditions, but every van I've had was the same , so no problem really, just have to stay on my toes. The space is wonderful, parts and tools are everywhere. I can stand up straight inside, no more crawling around. If you store ladders on top you'll need to get creative for placement and removal. Would I buy another one? Yes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in