Thread: France Has A Great Idea

Post Likes

France Has A Great Idea

France has a great idea even though it might make you laugh uncontrollably. Their president suggested the EU build their own army and protect themselves. I don't think they could talk Germany into that if France paid the entire cost. I love the idea but France has such a history of losing wars nobody cares whether they have an army that fights or sells girl scout cookies.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    France had Napoleon...he was awesome!

Post Likes
    Napoleon was defeated because he chickened out. He failed to attack when the time came.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    The man fought 60 battles, and lost 8...not a bad record IMO.

Post Likes
    Good or bad it would save us a lot of money. Why should we protect a country or group of countries that can protect themselves. We could pull out of NATO.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I agree Wayne...screw NATO!

Post Likes
    Yeah coolwhip the scary thing to me is that before a country with nuclear weapons goes down I'm convinced they will use their nuclear weapons win or lose. If that is true the value of conventional weapons is limited.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    And with all the Muslims in France.. they can join the military....strap on a vest made to do some real damge no vests constructed from people with IQs of 65.
    Parachute em over enemy lines. ..and have em trigger the vest upon touchdown if the enemy is present....if not they can seek them out and chop off heads...until they are surrounded then its vest time!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well, if the missiles fly, I hope one lands right on my head. Don't think I would want to be around for the afterglow.

In truth, it seems mankind is not meant to survive very long. Seems the hand of God pushes the reset button once in awhile. Maybe its time again for that. Too many people, too many lies, too much corruption.

Im sick of it, and see no end of it in sight. Just glad to be old enough to remember better times. Poor kids these days don't know any better, and don't even have the mental acuity to even question whats happening.

Post Likes
    im all for the Americans to pick up our toys and go home , would only be a week or two and they would all be speaking russian, then if they angered putin they would get cold when he cuts off the gas and oil
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Well, if the missiles fly, I hope one lands right on my head. Don't think I would want to be around for the afterglow.

In truth, it seems mankind is not meant to survive very long. Seems the hand of God pushes the reset button once in awhile. Maybe its time again for that. Too many people, too many lies, too much corruption.

Im sick of it, and see no end of it in sight. Just glad to be old enough to remember better times. Poor kids these days don't know any better, and don't even have the mental acuity to even question whats happening.
    I Agree Cool.

Merl Haggard made a Song about the "Good Times being Gone", & he nailed it.

In My Belief, ... One doesn't have to be "Spiritual"/ Believe in The Bible, to seee that The World is Seriously in the Deep Kaka, & getting Worse by the hour.

As far as that "Army" that Wayne is speaking of?

Many Nations of the E.U. are speaking of it, including Germany.

The "Funny Thing" is that the last three Administrations, & especially this one, have infuriated the E.U., & even NATO, over many matters, "Off & On", but now, ... The Twitter -in-Chief, with the Tariffs, threat of sanctions over involvement with Iran & Russia, as well as threatening to cut down/ Off the "Financial Spigot", has many European Leaders now speaking of increasing the size of an E.U. Army, other than this "Strike Force" that has been in existence for several years now. They "May/ May Not" fully implement it, now that Merkle is on her way out, & more "Nationalist"/ E.U. Leaders are rising up.

I don't accept the "Teaching", from various "Christian Sects", that the "Catholic E.U." will become the "Beast", for many reasons, but, .... ASfar as a Military Force rising up in Europe that could contribute towards WW3, is looking Very Probable, ... Especially as the Power of The United States begins to dry up.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, I wasnt sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Post Likes
    Napoleon was Italian. His name was Napoleone di Buonaparte before he moved to France.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    EU countries agree to create a European mega-army
    Robin Emmott, Reuters
    Nov. 13, 2017, 7:36 PM

European Union army BrusselsEuropean Union foreign and defence ministers attend a signature ceremony of a defence pact, aiming to mark a new era of European military integration to cement unity after Britain's decision to quit the bloc, in Brussels, Belgium, November 13, 2017. REUTERS/Emmanuel Dunand/Pool

"23 EU countries, including Germany and France, have agreed to integrate their defense forces. The pact will be made legally binding when it is signed in December.
    Combined armed forces were first proposed 70 years ago but the UK, who is now leaving the bloc, resisted the move.
    Many governments say Russia's seizure of Ukraine's Crimea in 2014 was a turning point.
    The UK, Ireland, Portugal and Malta have not agreed to the deal.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - France and Germany edged toward achieving a 70-year-old ambition to integrate European defenses on Monday, signing a pact with 21 other EU governments to fund, develop and deploy armed forces after Britain's decision to quit the bloc.

First proposed in the 1950s and long resisted by Britain, European defense planning, operations and weapons development now stands its best chance in years as London steps aside and the United States pushes Europe to pay more for its security.

Foreign and defense ministers gathered at a signing ceremony in Brussels to represent 23 EU governments joining the pact, paving the way for EU leaders to sign it in December.

Those governments will for the first time legally bind themselves into joint projects as well as pledging to increase defense spending and contribute to rapid deployments.
    "Today we are taking a historic step," Germany's Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel told reporters. "We are agreeing on the future cooperation on security and defense issues ... it's really a milestone in European development," he said.

The pact includes all EU governments except Britain, which is leaving the bloc, Denmark, which has opted out of defense matters, Ireland, Portugal and Malta. Traditionally neutral Austria was a late addition to the pact.

Paris originally wanted a vanguard of EU countries to bring money and assets to French-led military missions and projects, while Berlin has sought to be more inclusive, which could reduce effectiveness.

Its backers say that if successful, the formal club of 23 members will give the European Union a more coherent role in tackling international crises and end the kind of shortcomings seen in Libya in 2011, when European allies relied on the United States for air power and munitions.

Unlike past attempts, the U.S.-led NATO alliance backs the project, aiming to benefit from stronger militaries.

The club will be backed by a 5-billion-euro defense fund for buying weapons, a special fund to finance operations and money from the EU's common budget for defense research. "

https://www.businessinsider.com/eu-c...a-army-2017-11
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, I wasnt sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Post Likes
    A couple red flags. What are they going to do with $5 billion? Germany and France haven't seen eye to eye for over 100 years and before the agreement is signed France wants money and Germany wants more involvement (power). My guess is as much as I hope this deal works it won't. Both countries have their share of arrogant a-holes, they will try to dominant each other and will dominate any country too small to resist.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Napoleon was Italian. His name was Napoleone di Buonaparte before he moved to France.
    I didn't say he was French...I said France had Napoleon.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I didn't say he was French...I said France had Napoleon.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    A couple red flags. What are they going to do with $5 billion? Germany and France haven't seen eye to eye for over 100 years and before the agreement is signed France wants money and Germany wants more involvement (power). My guess is as much as I hope this deal works it won't. Both countries have their share of arrogant a-holes, they will try to dominant each other and will dominate any country too small to resist.

Post Likes

Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.