Post Likes

Noob AX question

I have a 600 that was hit by lightning that has to be replaced, the guy who originally did the job is no longer with us. The only backup of the job is a config.bog file, I always, always, always use Station Copier, is there a way to recover the station using just the config.bog file? How do I go about recovering the station from the file, do i use Station Copier? Also i'm unsure what the passwords he used were, but I've read quite a few threads that say I can find the passwords in the bog file, thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

BTW I would have dug through Niagara-Central forum but their new setup sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Make a copy and paste it somewhere safe. Then can rename that config.bog to config.zip and extract it, then inside is a station folder, grab your station from inside it and paste into stations under your ax version.
    Is it the platform credentials you don’t know of or the stations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sorry I have mistaken the bog file and the backup .dist file..
    So if you have a config.bog only in your (stationsname) file in the station's folder, Pretty sure you can just stationcopy your (stationname) file into it the JACE, youll then have to recommission it, and make sure all the required modules get put in.

I guess I cannot edit my previous reply??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    I have a 600 that was hit by lightning that has to be replaced, the guy who originally did the job is no longer with us. The only backup of the job is a config.bog file, I always, always, always use Station Copier, is there a way to recover the station using just the config.bog file? How do I go about recovering the station from the file, do i use Station Copier? Also i'm unsure what the passwords he used were, but I've read quite a few threads that say I can find the passwords in the bog file, thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

BTW I would have dug through Niagara-Central forum but their new setup sucks.
    You can change the password by navigating through your file system in AX until you find your config.bog file. You can open that and explore it just like a live station. From there, you can go under user service and change the password. When you are finished, right click on the config.bog and save it. From there, you can place the config.bog in a folder named whatever the station should be named and use station copier to copy it back over. The config.bog only contains station components, no files. If you have any images or px files associated with the station, they will not be there.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help guys, this is the first time I've ever had to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned