+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob AX question

Post Likes

Noob AX question

I have a 600 that was hit by lightning that has to be replaced, the guy who originally did the job is no longer with us. The only backup of the job is a config.bog file, I always, always, always use Station Copier, is there a way to recover the station using just the config.bog file? How do I go about recovering the station from the file, do i use Station Copier? Also i'm unsure what the passwords he used were, but I've read quite a few threads that say I can find the passwords in the bog file, thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

BTW I would have dug through Niagara-Central forum but their new setup sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Make a copy and paste it somewhere safe. Then can rename that config.bog to config.zip and extract it, then inside is a station folder, grab your station from inside it and paste into stations under your ax version.
    Is it the platform credentials you don’t know of or the stations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sorry I have mistaken the bog file and the backup .dist file..
    So if you have a config.bog only in your (stationsname) file in the station's folder, Pretty sure you can just stationcopy your (stationname) file into it the JACE, youll then have to recommission it, and make sure all the required modules get put in.

I guess I cannot edit my previous reply??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    I have a 600 that was hit by lightning that has to be replaced, the guy who originally did the job is no longer with us. The only backup of the job is a config.bog file, I always, always, always use Station Copier, is there a way to recover the station using just the config.bog file? How do I go about recovering the station from the file, do i use Station Copier? Also i'm unsure what the passwords he used were, but I've read quite a few threads that say I can find the passwords in the bog file, thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

BTW I would have dug through Niagara-Central forum but their new setup sucks.
    You can change the password by navigating through your file system in AX until you find your config.bog file. You can open that and explore it just like a live station. From there, you can go under user service and change the password. When you are finished, right click on the config.bog and save it. From there, you can place the config.bog in a folder named whatever the station should be named and use station copier to copy it back over. The config.bog only contains station components, no files. If you have any images or px files associated with the station, they will not be there.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help guys, this is the first time I've ever had to do this.

Post Likes
    Well it turned out to be a huge cluster, but I got through it, this is the second one I have done. I did a Google search and like I said I'm sending these points out Bacnet I/P through the Jace to another device, in my end device a point like emsCoolSetpt with nothing writing to it defaults to 32,776, has anyone else seen this?

Post Likes
    I was thinking bacnet user privilages until you said nothing was writing to it. Maybe track it up stream.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I was thinking bacnet user privilages until you said nothing was writing to it. Maybe track it up stream.
    Max, the point in the Jace both from the and device and leaving the Jace bacnet ip shows a null value, nothing, just dashes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Btw that's default, writes work correctly, it's just when you dont use the point.

Post Likes
    Max, the point in the Jace both from the and device and leaving the Jace bacnet ip shows a null value, nothing, just dashes.
    There is no such thing as a null value in BACnet points. Guessing that's why your getting a wonky reading.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Btw that's default, writes work correctly, it's just when you dont use the point.

Ah, what's the relinquish default value then? If your priority array is empty it should go back to default I would assume.

To be clear this is a AV/AO in the BACnet Exported points section?

Post Likes
    Yes AV

Post Likes
    It normally assimilation into the borg, rarely dissemination...so this isn’t something I have looked at much.

Just looking at docbacnet there is no mention of the relinquish default property and what its mapped to. Tridium AV support this and priority arrays according to the PICS

https://www.bacnetinternational.net/..._JACE_PICS.pdf

IMO the most logical thing for them to map to this property would be the fallback slot of the point. Tried just using the program service and setting all the fallback values to whatever the default should be?

Post Likes
    I think it's because you can't see it in the exported points table. You can see the fallback value (relinquish default?) in the exported point though. Maybe this is it?

Post Likes
    Guessing.

They don't show the automatic linking of the alarm stuff either, but it happens in the background. Ie, if you have a out of range alarm extension setup on a point that's exported, the alarm high/low values are automatically mapped to the equivalent BACnet properties according to docbacnet.

Post Likes
    I’ve had weird stuff like that happen and sometimes all it took was deleting the proxy point, bringing it back in again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sorry been busy, if you set a relinquish default value, it automatically writes that value to the point, which when not in use should be --. When that point has a value the user cannot adjust the stat.

Post Likes
    Sorry been busy, if you set a relinquish default value, it automatically writes that value to the point
    That's determined by your tuning policies in most drivers. If its something like a setpoint adjustable in the space, you want to leave max write to zero so it only writes on change. Ie last man wins in that case. Occupants can control it in most cases, but a OWS command can also change it.

Viconics stat with occupant adjustable setpoint, needs max write set to zero on that point or their change will be overwritten by tbox at some point.

Write on up/boot/etc also should be false unless you want it to reset it on these conditions.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in