+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Bryant ductless

Post Likes

2 Bryant ductless

Had a lot of fun with this project. Weird horseshoe shaped house. 4 zone HP on one side of the house and a single zone for the far bedroom.

We are installing more of these now over the Daikins and they do have some quirks but it is what the boss wants to install now. Lol.

The fact the indoor units have a set temp LED is a nice touch IMO

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Spitz, Lahrs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks good, thos heads are kinda square and bulky, wish they looked a little sleeker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Looks good, thos heads are kinda square and bulky, wish they looked a little sleeker.

Ya. The indoors are my least favorite of the Bryant. They arent the most attractive, and dont even try to make up the refrigerant lines up inside the unit (the shell wont close), and the unit doesnt latch to the backing plate very well and there are no hold down screws on the bottom. Pros: The LED looks cool on the indoor heads, the remotes are simplified, the condensors are well made and have amazing efficiencies.

Post Likes
    Nice work first time i have seen your work top notch for sure

Post Likes
    Inseen greer has a 28seer mini what are those things seer?

Post Likes
    Nice job. Who is making minis for the Carrier family these days? Still Toshiba?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    Nice work first time i have seen your work top notch for sure
    You most likely have

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Nice job. Who is making minis for the Carrier family these days? Still Toshiba?
    Hell if I know who is making them but they need to do more R & D on the indoor heads. Thanks for the compliment.

Post Likes
    Looks good. I did the lineset on a Samsung for a customer last week. He had his condenser about a foot off the wall. When I asked him about that his reply was the instructions required it.
    Looking at the Bryant instructions it shows 4". I wonder what's up with that ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Looks good. I did the lineset on a Samsung for a customer last week. He had his condenser about a foot off the wall. When I asked him about that his reply was the instructions required it.
    Looking at the Bryant instructions it shows 4". I wonder what's up with that ?
    Ya. The Bryant single zone required 4" and the multi-head required 6". Nothing wrong with more though IMO

Post Likes
    We dont do much if any bryant mini split systems in my area we are big on mitsubishi daikon and a few other brands but your install looks grate

Post Likes
    Gree makes carrier and bryant

Post Likes
    Install looks very clean! I’m considering having a Bryant mini installed in my home and was wondering if any of you could provide some insight? This thread is probably the most I’ve cone across so far on the web.

The indoor head I was quoted looked different than the ones posted, all white with the temp in the center, better looking IMO.

You mention some quirks, machine quirks or install quirks? Have you heard of any problems with inability to hold close to the set temp (4+ degree swings)? If this should be a different thread let me know and I can do that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by launboy View Post
    Install looks very clean! I’m considering having a Bryant mini installed in my home and was wondering if any of you could provide some insight? This thread is probably the most I’ve cone across so far on the web.

The indoor head I was quoted looked different than the ones posted, all white with the temp in the center, better looking IMO.

You mention some quirks, machine quirks or install quirks? Have you heard of any problems with inability to hold close to the set temp (4+ degree swings)? If this should be a different thread let me know and I can do that.
    To address your question. Like anything else in hvac it all depends on design load and equipment output. I do recommend to my customers to try and keep the swings to a minimum. If they must turn down at night, not to go more than 4 degrees.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in