Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I can run pipe lol, already have all appropriate piping ran to the utility room just have to put it all together. Definitely been a fun/challenging project.

Post Likes
    using dedicated pumps per zone is typical in radiant. and even fan coils. In radiant you almost need to to get proper flow with the head loss in the piping.
    With anything there is always multiple ways to control a system. I don't mind talking to jbeard about it.

Floors max temp varies depending on what the floor surface is. Concrete, warm board, plated under the sub floor,, then what on top, hard wood pergo rug tile etc.
    Run the boiler at 125. and have separate mixing valves per loop so you can adjust as needed.

Do you want this on an automation system.. thats easy also. They do make zone panels as listed elsewhere in this post. I usually use the taco panel. Its just zone relays, nothing fancy.

What boiler are you using. cast iron, condensing or a storage tank?

Post Likes
    I am not using a boiler, I’m using an air-to-water heat pump with a buffer tank for storage and dhw. The heat pump produces water temps of 110-120 degrees depending on outside air temp. I have looked into the zone pump controls such as taco but was unsure if this was a better route than zone valves.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbeard9 View Post
    I am not using a boiler, I’m using an air-to-water heat pump with a buffer tank for storage and dhw. The heat pump produces water temps of 110-120 degrees depending on outside air temp. I have looked into the zone pump controls such as taco but was unsure if this was a better route than zone valves.
    separate pumps than zone valves. make sure you use check valves though

did i read right that the tank is also the dhw? if so you should put a low temp sensor on it controlling the pumps off if the tank temp is to low. DHW before space heating.

Post Likes
    a lot of heatpumps claim the can do 120 deg water, but what they don't tell you that they have OAT cutoffs when it gets cold. So be sure you triple check that your equipment will run in your local oat conditions
    good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    a lot of heatpumps claim the can do 120 deg water, but what they don't tell you that they have OAT cutoffs when it gets cold. So be sure you triple check that your equipment will run in your local oat conditions
    good luck.

good point to bring up. They also do 120 discharge. hey cant take 120 deg in. we did a geo water to water and I had that issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12