Post Likes

Need help troubleshooting an Ecobee 4

Good afternoon everyone!

I am new here but need some help, and I hope these questions are within the scope of the rules. My wife and I rent and we installed an Ecobee 4 when they first released (first day it was released in fact) to replace an analog Honeywell thermostat. It has worked flawlessly for 1 1/2 years up until this past week. We started using the heat again about 3 weeks ago, keeping it at 72 during the day, and 69 overnight. A few days ago when it was a bit warm, I set it to "Auto" for the air and heat to keep it between 67-72 degrees. Since then, I changed back to heat only but the heat is not heating up at all now. The first night, we woke up to 64 but I tried resetting the breakers, set it to 75, and it warmed up. But over the past 2 nights, no matter what temperature I set it to, it will not get warm. With the winter coming up, I don't want to be stranded without heat. Do you believe the Ecobee or the furnace is at fault here?

I don't have access to the furnace (in a locked area) so I can't see if anything is wrong with the furnace. But the fact that it's been working fine, until I chose "Auto" on the Ecobee, makes me think it's the Ecobee. I just didn't want to reset it if I didn't have to. The strange thing is that I set it to off this morning when we woke up at 6am because it was blowing out cold air, but it set itself to "Auto" around 7:30am.

Thank you so much for anyone that can shed light on this!

Post Likes
    I doubt it’s the tstat but a service company will be able to tell you for sure. Good luck.

Post Likes
    If you don't have access to the furnace, then call someone who does.

You can't make any determination without all the pertinent information!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ