Thread: EMS55 advanced

Post Likes

EMS55 advanced

Hello

One of my customers has a reach in cooler from coke with this controller installed/ I read there is a password to access the setting and it seems like his product is getting too cold and cans are freezing and exploding at night. I think the defrost function in the controller may not be kicking in and causing the problems. Is there a way to get into these controllers or a default password. Would changing it out to ranco 10001 thermostat helpthe situation and if some one would give me a general idea on the rewiring that would be great.
    `

Post Likes
    Could be a charge issue also.

Post Likes
    Doesn't Coca-Cola own those coolers ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Doesn't Coca-Cola own those coolers ?
    Y E P

Post Likes
    If the cooler does belong to Coke, then the customer should call Coke for service. If the cooler was "obtained" without Coke's knowledge, then the customer may be unwilling to call Coke for obvious reasons.

Years ago I saw numerous Coke inspectors running around to all the convenience stores and restaurants checking coolers for Coke serial number tags. They said the rate of pirated coolers was quite high.

In any case, here's some info on the controller:
    http://www.nexo.com/support_and_updates/support/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by radhe View Post
    Hello

One of my customers has a reach in cooler from coke with this controller installed/ I read there is a password to access the setting and it seems like his product is getting too cold and cans are freezing and exploding at night. I think the defrost function in the controller may not be kicking in and causing the problems. Is there a way to get into these controllers or a default password. Would changing it out to ranco 10001 thermostat helpthe situation and if some one would give me a general idea on the rewiring that would be great.
    `

Elstat designed the Controller with Cokes Funding , it runs Fuzzy-Logic & learns the pattern of the traffic & store.
    Coke owns the cabinets & it should be covered with Cokes agreement.
    The controller has a standby Setpoint where the minimum Setpoint is 7’C & Diff of 4’C during out of business hours.

Does the controller show 888 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.