Post Likes

A question about a gas leak.

So I have a leak in my propane fireplace. I filled a tank and hooked it up. I have one of those change over with pressure indicator on it. I turned the gas cock off under the fireplace. This isolates the line from the FP to the tank. I turned on the gas and the indicator went from red no gas to white pressure. I then turned off the tank. My thinking is if there is a leak in-between the tank and the FP by a day or so it will be red losing pressure. I then sopped all the joints I could get to as the line itself runs under the concrete. No leak found. Nest day still white no leak. So its from the gas cock to the valve unit which I will check next. So if I can not isolate it or find it, I can to my thinking and tell me if I am wrong still use the fire place by only turning on the valve cock when I want to burn it and then turning it off again once done say in an hour of use.

Post Likes
    No gas leak is tolerable. Find it and repair it or replace the line. If this were on a natural gas appliance and the gas company learned of it, your house service would be locked off.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Its isolated to under the FP itself. Since it is not the gas line, I did a soap check on the line into the valve, pilot and line to the burner. The fist check the pilot line was bubbling out of the valve. This would make sense due to it leaking out when the unit was turned off but pilot was on. As I moved things around and checked again I could not get the pilot to bubble again. So I got a spanner and it was not real tight the brass fitting from tube pilot to the valve body. By not tight I mean I got about a full rotation or one an a half give or take. I soap tested again and noting. I still will turn off the gas under the FP when not used.