Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron223 View Post
    Hey Jim! You still teaching at NCI? I need to renew my certification.

Yes, I do recall the blue flame burners and issues with them. That’s actually the first thing I thought of when I heard the name. Still, features wise it seems like a decent analyzer. Curious of anybody’s hands on experience with it. Otherwise, the bad blood between the two of you, well... I’ll stay out of that. Not my place.
    I am scheduled to teach in Baltimore the first week of Dec. People that still think blue flames are safe and clean still rub me the wrong way. I think it is too new for anyone to have any useful experience with it. I don't consider experience if the person using it lives in a world of make believe. I know, shame on me, sorry1
    captain CO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Im impressed anyway. Is that an app you would be willing to share? Please?

Even if you cannot, now that I know about FileMaker, I have downloaded it to play with to see if I can learn something new.
    I'll have to modify it before I send. It's not real user friendly as it requires knowledge of FileMaker, as opposed to a real app where you just push buttons.
    Also I only set it up for oil, so I'll have to take a few gas combustion tests to make sure it works. I'll email it to you when I'm happy with it.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    People that still think blue flames are safe and clean still rub me the wrong way.
    I have to agree with on that one, the nastiest combustion's I had encounter all looked nice and blue, never judge a flame by its color, although I prefer my flames orange with a touch or red like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUnynYyltw
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    I may be incorrect but i belive it is probably named bluflame is because it is made by accutools (awesome company) which is the maker or the bluvac evacuation gauges

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    I am scheduled to teach in Baltimore the first week of Dec. People that still think blue flames are safe and clean still rub me the wrong way. I think it is too new for anyone to have any useful experience with it. I don't consider experience if the person using it lives in a world of make believe. I know, shame on me, sorry1
    Cool. Ill have to look into the Baltimore class. As to your other point, I can only say this based on my personal experience. You trained me in CO safety and combustion analysis years ago now. Ive done thousands of combustion tests and combustion based tuning on commercial and residential equipment since then using this knowledge. I have yet to personally find anything you taught me to be incorrect or not be exactly as you taught it. So I can only say your teachings have held true for me for some years now and are much appreciated. They greatly opened my eyes and knowledge to something most of us in the field took for granted. I look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon in December and re-certifying. Thanks for everything.
    Regards,
    Ron

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron223 View Post
    Cool. I’ll have to look into the Baltimore class. As to your other point, I can only say this based on my personal experience. You trained me in CO safety and combustion analysis years ago now. I’ve done thousands of combustion tests and combustion based tuning on commercial and residential equipment since then using this knowledge. I have yet to personally find anything you taught me to be incorrect or not be exactly as you taught it. So I can only say your teachings have held true for me for some years now and are much appreciated. They greatly opened my eyes and knowledge to something most of us in the field took for granted. I look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon in December and re-certifying. Thanks for everything.
    Ditto!
    Jeff and I will be attending the Cincinnati class in January for recertification.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Took a second look inside Counsler2
    Main circuit board has small box as part of the
    board, no identifying markings on it but I am
    starting to think it might be a battery of some
    type. a schematic would be extremely
    valuable.I

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12