Post Likes

Communicating thermostats and modulating furnace - brands and preferances

Thanks for reading and or responding. I've met with 4 contractors in the Northeast Ohio area and narrowed it down to 2 I feel comfortable with. My main question is about modulating systems and their tstat controllers. It's my understanding that nearly all furnaces nowadays are similar in quality, reliability. But wondering about the technology in the communicating stats from different brands? Are there any communicating systems that are hands down better than others? Or any to avoid? Both contractors are pushing/suggesting different brands. Contractor A is suggesting Amana with Comfortnet stat. Contractor B was very high on Lennox with icomfort stat. And to make things more complicated, I was nearly sold on the Lennox with PureAir system, humidifier, until found out he can no longer get the SLP98 bc of the tornado that hit Lennox factory in Iowa...now Contractor B is pushing Bryant Evolution Connex.

Any of these (or any other brands) have major advantages in the commenting system operation? Also do any of these communicating stats offer additional room sensors that work with the stat to control temp?

Hands down my main concern is whole home comfort and even heat (currently have some variation room to room and up/down stairs and house feels drafty). And to get the most out of the new furnace. Thank you!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio44141 View Post
    Thanks for reading and or responding. I've met with 4 contractors in the Northeast Ohio area and narrowed it down to 2 I feel comfortable with. My main question is about modulating systems and their tstat controllers. It's my understanding that nearly all furnaces nowadays are similar in quality, reliability. But wondering about the technology in the communicating stats from different brands? Are there any communicating systems that are hands down better than others? Or any to avoid? Both contractors are pushing/suggesting different brands. Contractor A is suggesting Amana with Comfortnet stat. Contractor B was very high on Lennox with icomfort stat. And to make things more complicated, I was nearly sold on the Lennox with PureAir system, humidifier, until found out he can no longer get the SLP98 bc of the tornado that hit Lennox factory in Iowa...now Contractor B is pushing Bryant Evolution Connex.

Any of these (or any other brands) have major advantages in the commenting system operation? Also do any of these communicating stats offer additional room sensors that work with the stat to control temp?

Hands down my main concern is whole home comfort and even heat (currently have some variation room to room and up/down stairs and house feels drafty). And to get the most out of the new furnace. Thank you!
    All brands you mentioned will work well. Sizing is the most important followed by a properly installation. In other words, carefully checking the existing ductwork for defects. I heard many contractors say the new equipment will solve all the previous airflow problems......NOT!