Post Likes

Lightbulb Advice / recommendations on website for a new residential HVAC Business?

Hello!!!

New member here. After working several years for a small HVAC company, I recently moved to a new area of my state and my old employer recommended that I get my own license and start doing HVAC on my own. I am now certified state contractor and ready to go, and I am thinking about looking for new business mainly via a website / internet. Any criticism / advice on this? I have already put together a site, but would like to hear opinions on wording / content / ideas to reach local market.

Thank you!

Post Likes
    Licensed and insured. What are you doing now for income while trying to build up your empire?

Post Likes
    Good luck to you. Word of mouth is always the best. I've never advertised except for the blurb you get in the yellow pages with a business line. So I'm thinking out loud-with my fingers.
    I would guess start with local newspaper, penny saver type stuff. Also, when your on an install job (and the customer is satisfied) ask them if you can put a lawn sign out for a few days. Ask for reviews on your website, and referrels.
    For an install, make up some flyers and drop them off to about 20 close neighbors (usually 5-10-5, 5 on each side of the house, 10 across the street). Take pictures of your work, put them on your website. Pretty easy and cheap to have a website/internet presence.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    Keep it simple, give the primary things you need to to get customers to call you and invite you to quote, repair or replace their equipment, such as: Name, Email info, phone number, your service area, hours of operation, if available on weekend or after hours, if you work on all brands or just a specific brand. A picture of you or crew is always a plus (especially if they / you are semi-photogenic). Photos of people seem to draw more customers. As they tend to make a determination if you are knowledgeable and trustwrothy enough to be let into their homes. The reason I say this because as you get busier you will not have time to keep the web page current or you will have to pay someone to update it for you, if you wish to offers special promos and or introductory costs

Just a couple thoughts, good luck

Post Likes
    Word of mouth!

Post Likes
    I 100% agree word of mouth is the best and that is where most of my work has come from. But in todays environment, people don't really want to talk with each other unless they are just like them, people have to be able to look you up, search for their specific need, web sites, twiter, facebook, that is where the new customer base is coming from

Post Likes
    Also, on top of that, if your residential - women are the one's you'll most likely deal with.
    So having faces of your staff will help build a little trust.

WOM is the best, as mentioned above.
    Also, do collaborations with non-competitive companies - referral services and such.
    Make the website simple and use language that they would use to describe their problems (a little research can go a LONG, LONG way)
    Show them before and after pictures of your work (visuals can go a LONG way)
    Gather testimonials from satisfied customers.

Post Likes
    Whenever you do a call leave some door hangers at the neighboring homes. Encourage people to leave reviews on Yelp etc.....
    Democrats won the midterm election.
    —>Ds won the US House
    —>Ds vote margin bigger than Tea Party’s in 2010
    —>Rs LOST 333 legislative seats
    —>Rs lost 7 governorships
    —>Rs lost key 2020 Midwest states in PA, WI and MI.

Trump emboldens many people. Anti-Semitic Incidents Surged 57 Percent in 2017.