Post Likes

YORK YVAA Gate driver

Hello. I have a chiller YORK YVAA installed on a carbonated drinks factory. Chiller was installed indoors and works all year round. Due a large size of the room and a strong inflow of air, there are no problems with the cooling of the condenser and winter starts.
    Some time ago, there were problems with the high temperature of the IGBT boards (80-90 degrees Celsius), along with them there were crashes of the GATE DRIVER FAULT on the system №2. The high temperature of the IGBT boards was reduced by cleaning the internal cooling circuit (some clots were found in it that overlapped most of the capillaries of the heat exchangers).
    Now the temperature of the IGBT boards is around 50 degrees Celsius, but the GATE DRIVER FAULT on system No. 2 has turn up until now.
    After checking and cleaning all the electrical contacts between the IGBT boards and the IRD LOGIC BOARD, the accident disappeared for several days, but then returned again.
    Where to look for the cause of fault? System number 1 is working properly. There is an idea to swap the IGBT boards of the systems # 1 and # 2 to verify that the IGBT boards of the system # 2 is working.

Help with other solutions plaese.
    Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Make sure you have some thermal paste when you swap the IGBT and gate driver boards around. Have you done the LED Test using the button on the VSD Logic Board? there is a 5 min power up delay , just to see that the LEDs on the board and gate drivers all flash. Usually it is the pins on the harness I usually use a pin tool to remove them from the plastic insert and squeeze the female connector pin a little, then re-insert them into the plug and once installed back on the board i give all the pins a little push with a terminal screwdriver just to ensure they are fully engaged onto the male pin as per the picture. By swapping the boards around you will be able to see whether the fault follows the board or stays with the harness, then swap harnesses at both ends of course to see if the fault moves or not so you can tell if it is the board or harness. Bear in mind that Circuit 1 is on the right and Circuit 2 on the left, I would mark them with an indelible pen so you don't forget or mix them up as I know people have done, easily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IGBT Harness.jpg  

Post Likes
    Of course this is done while powered down and DC Buss is at 0VDC

Post Likes
    LED test is ok, what pin tool you use for remove female pin? I tried to bend male pins push a little with a terminal screwdriver, but I like your way more.

Post Likes
    here they are on page 7
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Likes
    Or if you have a electronics supply house around you I found a pin extractor tool for about 1/40th the price from York and works great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes i have, told any model for this connector

Post Likes
    I'll have to look next time I'm out at my van to see if it has a part number on it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    RS Components have them