Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Count your blessings, not your problems. Your very fortunate taylor2 as I'm sure you know. No one wants that phone call.

Post Likes
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the sentiments. She's doing ok today, soar of course. A little swelling around where the seat belt was and some belt burn on her neck.

Started the next fun process of dealing with the insurance. We have state farm and so far they've been great. Other than the number their website told us to call because more than 3 vehicles were involved. Some guy said hello then silence, it rang again and was a 800 number for Washington Gas. But, our policy includes a rental up to $25/ day up to $600, so that is a huge relief. Really hoping they total it and we get enough to make the jump up to an AWD.
    Again, thanks.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Glad your wife is ok, have had similar calls like that where my mother was driving, the body shop was seen driving my car around and I had to get very involved lived with them, you know what I mean! Finally got everything all taken care of my family was not really hurt, which was the most important point as well!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Post Likes
    Leaving in a few to pick up the rental car, now if any of the local body shops I trusted had openings if be set, but, they're all booked for almost a month so far. Waiting on one to call back. He's our customer, so I made sure to drop the name with the message in hopes of some favor. It's most likely a total at 7 years old, 132k miles and blue books for $4-5k. But, what happens if somehow they approve the repairs?
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    I can't see anyone fixing that for
    5k.
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-09-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Post Likes
    If they repair it - trade it in That Day. Immediately go straight from the body shop to the dealer and make the deal. After that day the car fax report will be filed and the car will then be worthless for resale in the US.

PHM
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Leaving in a few to pick up the rental car, now if any of the local body shops I trusted had openings if be set, but, they're all booked for almost a month so far. Waiting on one to call back. He's our customer, so I made sure to drop the name with the message in hopes of some favor. It's most likely a total at 7 years old, 132k miles and blue books for $4-5k. But, what happens if somehow they approve the repairs?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12