+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oat sensors

Post Likes

Oat sensors

Has anyone ever swapped a carrier oat sensor( 33zcsenoat) with a Honeywell c7089 oat sensor. From the literature I found online they are both at 10k ohm-77’F. It just looks like the carrier is more accurate and has a wider range of temperatures. But the carrier is 4-5 times the price. I just ended up with an extra carrier edge pro(33cs2pp2s-03) that the customer didn’t want so I was looking to use it at home. I’ll be using a heatpump with fossil fuel backup so I’ll need that cutout from the oat. Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pres1227 View Post
    Has anyone ever swapped a carrier oat sensor( 33zcsenoat) with a Honeywell c7089 oat sensor. From the literature I found online they are both at 10k ohm-77’F. It just looks like the carrier is more accurate and has a wider range of temperatures. But the carrier is 4-5 times the price. I just ended up with an extra carrier edge pro(33cs2pp2s-03) that the customer didn’t want so I was looking to use it at home. I’ll be using a heatpump with fossil fuel backup so I’ll need that cutout from the oat. Thanks
    are they a match across the entire spectrum instead of just at 77 degrees ?

Post Likes
    dang it

Post Likes
    No they aren't. At 32 OAT the Honeywell is 27,219 ohms, and the Carrier is 32,651 ohms. Which means the Honeywell connected to the Edge would give you an indicated temp somewhere around 39 to 40 degrees F when its 32 outside.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No they aren't. At 32 OAT the Honeywell is 27,219 ohms, and the Carrier is 32,651 ohms. Which means the Honeywell connected to the Edge would give you an indicated temp somewhere around 39 to 40 degrees F when its 32 outside.

if OP is only using OAT sensor to switch the system over, and OP could care less if the actual OAT is displayed, might be able to adjust temperature to compensate, so long as the OAT sensor does not fall below or above any minimum or maximum ohm readings

suppose OP could compare the 2 charts and see if the OAT OP experiences are still listed on the OAT sensor

Post Likes
    I guess I could just find the corresponding temp and lock out there. Because aslong as it cuts out when I want it to I could care less if the temp reading on the stat is accurate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in