Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Where are you from no AC needed anymore here. Furnace has been on. Few inches of snow Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Where are you from no AC needed anymore here. Furnace has been on. Few inches of snow Friday.

SW Florida! Temps are still 81/ feels like 85 here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Wish I knew more about heat pumps and how they function. I know the general concept but since we dont install many of them here I just havent gotten enough experience with them. Auxiliary heat is more than enough here, for about a week or two of 20 degree weather LOL

Post Likes
    How long did it run or did it instantly die? It would run for quite a while even if it was compleatly flat.

The 2nd condenser started up but as soon as it did the compressor started making that really awful grating noise so we pulled the disconnect because we didnt want the compressor to get messed up.. left it off for about 10-15 minutes and did a few other things. Tried to start it back up and instead of that real loud noise it just made a different noise.. like its struggling to work properly still, just not as loud as the initial start up. Like a whining noise almost, like its stuck. Disconnected it again and left it for another 10-15 minutes. Tried again and at that point it started tripping the breaker. Changed the breaker just in case because the old one was kind of spongy. Same problem still tripping breaker..

Post Likes
    You need to buy condensing units in three's.

Post Likes
    Compressor a single phase 208/230 volt. 60 Hertz , as already stated are all factory line voltage wiring correct?

Where you able to contact Tech. Support?

At this point even when you do get this situation corrected and running, I can't but think the homeowner will have reservations about their brand unit running happily ever after.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Compressor a single phase 208/230 volt. 60 Hertz , as stated are all factory line voltage wiring correct?

At this point even when you do get this situation corrected and running, I can't but think the homeowner will have reservations about their brand unit running happily ever after.
    Everything looked good from the outside as far as we could tell. The only thing we could think of is something inside the compressor messed up right from factory.. the one today started with no problems whatsoever. 22 degree temp split (80 return/ 58 supply) I fixed all the vents and airflow for the customer, he said he understands things happen and theres not much you can do at times. He said he was happy with our service and I hope its true. I know if I was him I would have the same doubt in my mind, probably for a little while at least until I really got to experience how the AC works on a daily basis. He said he would be calling us for his next AC replacement in his second home though, so well see. Im grateful he was a really understanding guy.

Post Likes
    I'd be curious if the manufacturer has a contract with a company to replace the compressor and resells as a reconditioned unit ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    I'd be curious if the manufacturer has a contract with a company to replace the compressor and resells as a reconditioned unit ?
    I was thinking about that as well.. its possible but Im not sure what will happen with it in the end..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACNat018 View Post
    I was thinking about that as well.. it’s possible but I’m not sure what will happen with it in the end..

Oops forgot to add and replace service valves and factory drier, if it has one in the condensing unit, heck throw a new Contactor to replace slightly pitted, discolored OEM. Maybe not cost effective at that point?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12