Post Likes

Confused Control recommendation needed

Hi, right now we are starting a new automation project, but it's the first time that i've got to work with an contractor line of controllers. I only have experience working with the Metasys Family from JCI.

Our candidates are the honeywell webs family and of course facility explorer from JCI. I have full knodwledge of the PCT software as it's almost the same as CCT from metasys.

It's honeywell a good track to go and left JCI beside?
    I want to know if the price it's competitive and if the programming tools it's as good (or better) than johnson's PCT, as well as the company support if you have any problem with the hardware/software. Any other information would be very appreciated.

Post Likes
    Both are fine. But there is always a learning curve when switching brands.

What is the reason that you are considering Honeywell over JCI?

Post Likes
    This new company it's partner of honeywell, they did control in the past but they stopped doing it for lack of personal. I'm retaking the project but they don't have a niagara 4 certification so we are right now deciding if we are going to work with JCI or Honeywell to take the full pack of certifications and training with them. I don't have any experience with honeywell but they want good motives to choose JCI over honeywell, as i said i don't have any experience with honeywell so i can't really tackle them; Maybe honeywell it's better than JCI in price or integration. I've only worked with metasys in a large factory and we've never had a problem with JCI.

Post Likes
    That makes sense. The Spyder tool is a love or hate I feel when talking to guys. I personally cut my teeth with it about 5 years ago. I really enjoy it but it sure has some quirks.

On a separate note Honeywell seems to have one hell of an IP lineup coming up that I am really excited about.

They both use Niagara so one you get that under your belt that's a big step.

Honestly I would say with your experience stick with the FX line. You'll jump right in on that and can concentrate on learning Niagara.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    That makes sense. The Spyder tool is a love or hate I feel when talking to guys. I personally cut my teeth with it about 5 years ago. I really enjoy it but it sure has some quirks.

On a separate note Honeywell seems to have one hell of an IP lineup coming up that I am really excited about.

They both use Niagara so one you get that under your belt that's a big step.

Honestly I would say with your experience stick with the FX line. You'll jump right in on that and can concentrate on learning Niagara.
    That's a good argument. I'll prefer stay with the FX line, but was just wondering if the honeywell had any advantage over FX, maybe the price would be a factor but i don't think so.

Thanks for your answer !

Post Likes
    Ever check out Carriers I-VU stuff. We have a few customers. Some with many locations on it. There is a demo site UN- demouser Leave PW blank

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    http://open.ivudemo.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Ever check out Carriers I-VU stuff. We have a few customers. Some with many locations on it. There is a demo site UN- demouser Leave PW blank

I-VU it's enterprise or it's carrier's contractors line?

Post Likes
    Anyone can buy it or work on it. We have done some retrofits and upgrades from there old Parker stuff. My coworker is the guru so I can only answer so many questions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Anyone can buy it or work on it. We have done some retrofits and upgrades from there old Parker stuff. My coworker is the guru so I can only answer so many questions.

Thanks i'll give it a check.