+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YZ Chiller

Post Likes

York YZ Chiller

First York YZ in Europe all running fine past 3 weeks, no dramas, no suprises, looking good
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Likes dbacmc, ruuufuhbock liked this post.
    Post Likes
    very nice chiller why is the ladder against the control box i would have a fit if it scratched the nice new paint job on your grate install

Post Likes
    Laggers, leaving stuff everywhere !!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raptyr View Post
    Laggers, leaving stuff everywhere !!
    "Laggers"! I haven't heard that since I was in the Navy, lol. Over here we call them insulators.

Post Likes
    Whats that baby serving?

Post Likes
    well i don't know what nationality they were but it is just process cooling for a water bottling plant

Post Likes
    Nice machine! 400 tons? no rupture disks with 514a, I see the pressure relief valves, does the compressor rpm max out at 50/60hz? would be hard to make tonnage without gearbox at low rpm's with such small (single) impeller.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Nice machine! 400 tons? no rupture disks with 514a, I see the pressure relief valves, does the compressor rpm max out at 50/60hz? would be hard to make tonnage without gearbox at low rpm's with such small (single) impeller.
    The 134A mags will run speeds as high as 320-350 Hz depends on design. I would imagine these may do the same.
    The sales team is working on one to get sold here. It would be nice to see one running supposed to be even more efficient than a high pressure mag due to lower lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    No gears, bigger impeller (think YT as far as size is concerned) speeds vary depending on selections but 40-200hz , no rupture disks just prv's , it's a bit like a YK/YT/YMC2 combo with the best bits from them all.

Post Likes
    No gears, bigger impeller (think YT as far as size is concerned) speeds vary depending on selections but 40-200hz , no rupture disks just prv's , it's a bit like a YK/YT/YMC2 combo with the best bits from them all.
    Are the barrels ASME? whats the prv's ratings? does it comes with vgd?
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Yes they are 'coded' vessels, asme for US and CE for europe, prv's are set at around 1.8Barg and they do come with VGD and no pre-rotation vanes.

Post Likes
    Yes they are 'coded' vessels, asme for US and CE for europe, prv's are set at around 1.8Barg and they do come with VGD and no pre-rotation vanes.
    Thanks for the info!! No vanes, so the drive controls the refrigerant flow in conjunction with the vgd? I would love to get my hands on some operations/design info, I know there a degree of secrecy with this machine but if you can spare some info my email is my users name @ yahoo dot com.

Post Likes
    I can't really share stuff on them atm but you get a good idea from the youtube videos and the range will be expanded over coming years, but if you are familiar with a YK VSD and YMC2 driveline and YT operating pressures then you know 95% .

Post Likes
    I can't really share stuff on them atm but you get a good idea from the youtube videos and the range will be expanded over coming years, but if you are familiar with a YK VSD and YMC2 driveline and YT operating pressures then you know 95% .
    I figured you weren't allowed to share much,doesn't hurt to ask. I wont be seeing one those around here for years anyway.
    Out of curiosity, whats the drive bus voltage and how the volts/hz relationship plays out at high speed lets say 200hz? trying to compare it to a typical drive running on 460v with a 7.6 v/hz ratio, after 60hz the torque takes a steep dive.
    Thanks!

Post Likes
    Bear in mind we are running 400/50/3 but dc buss 550vdc and start frequency around 40hz but that can be modified to suit on site

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in