Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I gave it a few days to check comm stability.
    I found out the last fault was more than 24 hr ago (ping failure), so it seems that the communication is somewhat stable.
    The occasional fault might be caused by the fact that SolarEdge is also pulling data from the Ethernet port for their webserver monitoring system.

It does seem like the devices don't like to be messed with too much, though. If I poll both devices at the same time (read all the points in separate tabs at the same time) one of the inverters almost always fails. A few seconds after, when I ping it, it comes back with no problem. I'll give it a few more days while leaving it alone and see what happens.

Orion242, from what you wrote it seems like the more often you poll the device, the less likely you are to see that socket close, am I right?
    Where can I configure the comm check register you are talking about?Name:  Comm config.png
Views: 28
Size:  63.9 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HTuttle View Post
    Where can I configure the comm check register you are talking about?

Its the three settings all starting with Ping Address in the middle of your screen shot. Just point this at a register in the device. Might be part of your problem since its not currently setup.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I see. I thought it had to be a specific register just for this type of function. Thank you.
    So I used the device ID register but the socket still cycles open/close. Might it be the SolarEdge monitoring service causing this?
    Any suggestion as far as the polling frequency?

Post Likes
    It shouldn't be an issue if the socket closes, just means there is nothing that needs to be polled at the moment.

If you add a history or alarm to a point and then crank up the poll rate in the tuning policy, you can force it to hammer away and keep the socket open. Doubt this will help any communications issues you might be having.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    It's more of a curiosity than anything else. The modbus weather station shows its socket always open, so I thought I might ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12