Post Likes

Traversing stainless steel duct

New here and sorry if this topic has already been covered, but what is protocol on traversing stainless steel duct? Is it an acceptable practice?

Doing a survey on a hospital and don't have the time to go measure all the lab hoods and phoenix exhaust valves.

Post Likes
    I'm not a TAB guy but I don't see any difference. Airflow is airflow. Take your reading in the correct locations and should be no issues.

What does your contract require you to record? You are in a hospital but don't have time to make sure hoods are safe to work in?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Push It View Post
    I'm not a TAB guy but I don't see any difference. Airflow is airflow. Take your reading in the correct locations and should be no issues.

What does your contract require you to record? You are in a hospital but don't have time to make sure hoods are safe to work in?
    Lab hoods / exhaust system works fine. Conducting an overall air flow survey on air handlers, return fans, and exhaust systems.
    The building has a huge negative pressure and the client wants a snapshot of the air systems. I know that stainless steel used for kitchen hood purposes produce high temperature and is thus frowned upon of doing a duct traverse. Not sure if the chemicals used here could potentially pose a problem with drilling holes in the duct.