Post Likes

Bulldogs freezer

Hello Bulldog and everyone on hvac talk. I have had that same problem with a freezer i worked on. You are over charged. Return gas back to compressor needs to be below 60 degrees. Sub cooling on equipment is crucial. Range 5-10 degrees. Pull out the gas you put in and open tx valve. You will see return gas down and subcooling go down. You may need to pull out more gas to get 20 degrees s.h. at compressor and your 5-10 range on subcool. Site glass needs to be clear when you adjust tx valve. Give valve 20-30 mins to settle out before adjusting again. Sorry so long winded good luck

Post Likes
    Forget SC and below 60°F at the pump!

Clear the SG

You can only adjust SH when at or near temperature. (May take an Hr or more)

Box Size
    Condensing unit Mod
    Evaporator Make & Mod
    Refrigerant
    Indoor Outdoor

Post Likes
    Pecmsg ...i have to diagree with your comment to sc. Even residental split systems now measure the sub cooling. Refrigeration sub cooling much more critical on charge with low ambient conditions. A head master will always by pass and fan cycle will starve evap

Post Likes
    So please explain how to measure SC with a receiver?

I'll save you the trouble 1 - 2° is the best you'll get until the receiver is full, then and only then can you begin to get SC!

We've had this discussion for quite a while!

A head master is only in play if the ambient is below 70 + or -.