Post Likes

AC GUARD! HAHAHA ::DD:

https://www.amazon.com/AC-SEASON-LEA...7ZNS6Z13EA38T7

If you don't want to click on it check out the crap sold on Amazon. Search the "ac guard all season leaf-86" or just check out the picture. Seriously, would you ever even consider installing something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Alright, just playing the other side of this potential debate.

As long as that isn't a heat pump, it might not be as bad as it seems in cooler weather. Reduced air flow when ambient temp is below 65F would keep head pressure up.

The "All Season" part, well, I can't argue for that.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    May be useful for charging a system in lower ambient conditions.
    I miss you mom and dad.

4. Likes armandomartinez liked this post
    Post Likes
    Truthfully, I have had customers ask me for a product exactly like this. I could sell these.

Post Likes
    Never once seen a unit with leaves etc in the bottom that affected performance. That’s why the recessed pans and drains are there. But I bet old fuddie duddies who have nothing to do would want them.....

Post Likes
    That might be good for sleet and freezing rain. A couple years ago, at 3 AM during a sleep and freezing rain storm, I heard this awful banging noise coming from outside the second master in my house. Went out side in underwear only with my gun drawn only to find my heat pump shaking all over the place. First sleet, then rain came and froze solid to the blades. The frozen sleet broke free from one blade but luckily didn't damage anything other than bending some fins flat. I pulled the disconnect, poured how water over the blades until the ice slid off then plugged the disconnect back in.

I rarely work on heat pumps at 3 AM when it's 20F out so when the compressor turned on but the fan didn't and the heat pump started making snap, crackle and popping noises, got extremely hot then started steaming like someone was pouring water on hot rocks in a steam room, I took a few steps back only to realize it was the defrost cycle turning on.

Post Likes
    and the neighbors never saw right again no way am i going out in the winter in my underwear

Post Likes
    for a winter cover maby other seasons NO