Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes

    Trane HP with Comfortmaker AH controlled by Honeywell T4 Pro Thermostat

    Trane HP Model - 4TWR4036G1000A
    Comfortmaker AH - FSM4P3600A
    Honeywell Thermostat - TH4110U2005
    I'm a new tech. I'm having a problem with the 5 amp fuse blowing whenever I switch to heat. Everything works fine in AC mode. I could use some advice please.
    P.S Im not doing this for a customer. Im doing this in my own home. This is the first Trane HP I've worked on.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    78,318
    Post Likes
    And what have you checked so far.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    25,622
    Post Likes
    Short of just replacing the fuse what else!

    What does your meter tell you?

    Define New Tech?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    And what have you checked so far.
    So far I've eliminated the circuit board being bad. I know its not the OD unit because its brand new. Now I'm confused with the blue wire coming from the defrost board. From what I've read and Trane's, this wire is the common wire correct?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    25,622
    Post Likes
    A wise man once taught me "Electrons know no color"

    Forget the "Blue" wire what terminal on the board and where does it go?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    25,622
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcameron24 View Post
    So far I've eliminated the circuit board being bad. I know its not the OD unit because its brand new. Now I'm confused with the blue wire coming from the defrost board. From what I've read and Trane's, this wire is the common wire correct?
    Thats guessing not troubleshooting.

    Grab your meter and troubleshoot

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Short of just replacing the fuse what else!

    What does your meter tell you?

    Define New Tech?
    I only have a 1 year of field experience

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    25,622
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcameron24 View Post
    I only have a 1 year of field experience
    I sought of guessed that

    Grab your meter and begin tracing out the circuit by following the diagram.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    A wise man once taught me "Electrons know no color"

    Forget the "Blue" wire what terminal on the board and where does it go?
    Thank you

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    I know I have one of my thermostat wires going to the wrong terminal. Im not guessing that. The thermostat doesn't have a separate terminal for O and B. It's labeled O/B at the terminal. I'll figure it out. Thanks everyone. Enjoy your Sunday

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    25,622
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcameron24 View Post
    I know I have one of my thermostat wires going to the wrong terminal. Im not guessing that. The thermostat doesn't have a separate terminal for O and B. It's labeled O/B at the terminal. I'll figure it out. Thanks everyone. Enjoy your Sunday
    Its labeled O/B because the program decides when to energize!

    Please be careful!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Its labeled O/B because the program decides when to energize!

    Please be careful!
    I got that. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the B wire. My old HP was a Comfortmaker/Carrier unit. Five wires from the unit to the air handler. R,C,O,W,Y. This is my first time working with a Trane HP.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    25,622
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcameron24 View Post
    I got that. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the B wire. My old HP was a Comfortmaker/Carrier unit. Five wires from the unit to the air handler. R,C,O,W,Y. This is my first time working with a Trane HP.
    Forget the colors

    Print out the wiring diagram and follow the wires. Find out what components are protected by the fuse and ohm out each one. Ohm out the wires. Follow the circuits!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •