Post Likes

Question Hobart Lxi stuck in look

We have a Hobart LXI in are daycare, it all of a sudden just loops the self check screen over and over, cant run the machine now. Ive tried to turn the power off and on and still does the same thing. Im thinking it has a bad control board, but want to get some thoughts before investing 350.00 on a new one.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    I've seen a few LXi machines do that and - YES, a new control board fixed it.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    try leaving it off for a few hours then try it again if no go then i go with a new bord to

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    To that machine's detriment, with the electronic controls being located ABOVE a constant source of steam...and for being a design which CAN let that steam into the control area, the electronics in the control box are highly susceptible to damage from moisture.

The damage is probably permanent. However, you COULD try what pctech said - but by ALSO by disconnecting power, removing two screws and sliding the controls section out as far as you can. Pull up the plastic-ky protective sheets over the boards, maybe point a fan at it, then let it air out over night.

In the morning, put it all back together and turn the breaker back on.

This MIGHT help...but I'm doubtful.

By the way...
    Buy your new board directly from Hobart. Hobart doesn't discount their prices for competing parts vendors. Subsequently, they (the vendors that AREN'T Hobart) will charge you more for the board than Hobart will in order to make a profit. I say this because the cost you'd stated is much more than what's on Hobart's website.

http://thesmartpartsestore.hobartser...rtby=BESTMATCH

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -