Post Likes

Maintenance on VRF Daikin IV systems.

I have searched all over for an actual check lest for Daikin VRF systems maintenance systems. I can only find that on the indoor units that the filters need to be cleaned and washed every two weeks for ceiling Cassettes and wall units.

The owner of my company is telling me that in the O&M manual it states that we need to clean indoor drain pains and also that flair nuts need to be re- torqued each year. I have been doing this for 30 years and I have never touched a flair nut once is has been properly made and tightened. I also never include indoor drain pain cleaning in any of my general Maintenance contracts.

I am looking for advice or better yet an actual written requirement for Maintenance on Daikin VRF IVs from Daikin other than just washing filters and outdoor coils.

Thank you
    My job is to send a man thats wants big money for little effort to a customer that has a problem but doesnt want to pay for it!

Panic caos and disorder my work here is done!

Post Likes
    I will dig one up when I get to work tomorrow and email you.
    To answer the drain pan and flare question; no, that is not on Daikins task list for the VRV IV.
    The major tasks are cleaning condenser coils, megging the compressors, cleaning the inverter heat sink, checking for oil at flare nuts and connections, making sure the evap is clean on the indoor units, changing filters. When installed correctly there isn’t much you need to or even can do for maintenance above and beyond the real basic items
    I would also recommend putting Service checker on, putting the system in test for AC and heat then data log for 30 minutes. Also while doing that save a backup file of the program in case something wigs out on you so you don’t have to start from square one.

Post Likes
    search for DACA-VRVMAINTCL714

Post Likes
    Daikin offers training that is very comprehensive over four days. They give you more than enough reference materials and training to get the job done right. You will need to complete this training to buy the service checker anyway which costs like $1200 and you will be totally lost without the training anyway. You will likely have to travel for these classes though unless you are close to one of their handful of regional headquarters. I went to the location in Irvine California which is close for me but I believe the next nearest was Dallas, TX. My advice is get your boss to cough up the thousands of bucks required for training because it pays for itself if you regularly work on these systems. Mistakes like torquing flare nuts and breaking them loose costs more than the training anyway since it takes days to properly triple evac/vacuum and +/- 100 pounds of refrigerant.