Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    FIXED!!!!

So here’s what I did, I went back and the glass was definitely bowed out. I caught some flak for saying it needed replaced because Rational insisted the slime buildup was from the Care tabs that go in the boiler. That and it didn’t leak during a steam cycle so how could the glass be bad? As far it not leaking during a steam cycle... I don’t know. But to prove that the slime stuff came from the Clean tabs I mixed Clean tabs and Care tabs with water in separate buckets and compared them to the slime. The Clean tabs smelled and felt exactly like the slime while the Care tabs solution was totally different.

Then I ran a clean cycle and looked very closely to see where it was dripping past the door seal. I couldn’t really see anything so I lowered the drip trough and noticed that the hinge drain was draining a massive amount! Pretty much a constant stream. Wow, how did I miss that before!

So, armed with that info, I was able to set the glass and seal ok’d. I installed it and adjusted the door and bada bing, good to go. I ran several clean cycles throughout that day and it’s been almost a week without any issues.

Now, this call started several weeks ago, maybe even 2 months ago. I wasn’t the first one in it but by the time I got to it the restaurant’s home office was trying to get me to change the Care Pump. I held off as long as I could because I knew it wasn’t bad but after three trips I finally replaced it but the problem didn’t go away. Then Rational was insisting the slime was from the Care tabs and had me slow water flow, check clean hoses/drawer etc etc. Each time I’d have to tell them to let me know what happens after they cleaned it that night. So this was a long drawn out call where I was led in the wrong direction from the get go. And after it all it was just a door sealing issue. Wowsa.

Thanks for letting me bounce some ideas off of you guys. And thanks ECtofix for making me think deiffeemtly about the slime and the leak. That’s what started me off in the right direction.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    Thanks for letting me bounce some ideas off of you guys. And thanks ECtofix for making me think deiffeemtly about the slime and the leak. That’s what started me off in the right direction.
    What? ME? I didn't do it! YOU did!

I have fourteen SCCs (including WEs). Your tenacity...and this update, will make me far more prepared for if/when I have that problem.

Thanks for the update!

3. Likes VanMan812 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    FIXED!!!!

So here’s what I did, I went back and the glass was definitely bowed out. I caught some flak for saying it needed replaced because Rational insisted the slime buildup was from the Care tabs that go in the boiler. That and it didn’t leak during a steam cycle so how could the glass be bad? As far it not leaking during a steam cycle... I don’t know. But to prove that the slime stuff came from the Clean tabs I mixed Clean tabs and Care tabs with water in separate buckets and compared them to the slime. The Clean tabs smelled and felt exactly like the slime while the Care tabs solution was totally different.

Then I ran a clean cycle and looked very closely to see where it was dripping past the door seal. I couldn’t really see anything so I lowered the drip trough and noticed that the hinge drain was draining a massive amount! Pretty much a constant stream. Wow, how did I miss that before!

So, armed with that info, I was able to set the glass and seal ok’d. I installed it and adjusted the door and bada bing, good to go. I ran several clean cycles throughout that day and it’s been almost a week without any issues.

Now, this call started several weeks ago, maybe even 2 months ago. I wasn’t the first one in it but by the time I got to it the restaurant’s home office was trying to get me to change the Care Pump. I held off as long as I could because I knew it wasn’t bad but after three trips I finally replaced it but the problem didn’t go away. Then Rational was insisting the slime was from the Care tabs and had me slow water flow, check clean hoses/drawer etc etc. Each time I’d have to tell them to let me know what happens after they cleaned it that night. So this was a long drawn out call where I was led in the wrong direction from the get go. And after it all it was just a door sealing issue. Wowsa.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

5. Likes VanMan812 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123