+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hotel Stay

Post Likes

The Hotel Stay

The Hotel Stay

An older lady decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.

She demanded to know why the charge was so high."I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250 for just an overnights stay. I Didn't even have breakfast."

The clerk told her that her $250 is the standard rate and breakfast had been included had she wanted it. She insisted on speaking to the manager.

The manager appeared, and forewarned by the clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."

"But I Didnt use them, she said."

"Well, they are here and you could have, " explained the manager. He went on to explain that she could have also seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous. "We have the best entertainers from all over the world performing here", the manager said.

"But I didn't go to any of those shows," she said.

"Well, we have them, and you could have," the manager replied. No matter what amenity the manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" And the manager countered with his standard response.

After several minutes discussion, and with the manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him.

The manager was surprised when he looked at the check. "But madam, this check is for$50.00."

"That's correct. I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me," she replied.

"But I didn't!" Exclaimed the very surprised manager.

"Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

DON'T MESS WITH SENIOR CITIZENS

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

2. Likes Core_d, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    The Hotel Stay

An older lady decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.

She demanded to know why the charge was so high."I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250 for just an overnights stay. I Didn't even have breakfast."

The clerk told her that her $250 is the standard rate and breakfast had been included had she wanted it. She insisted on speaking to the manager.

The manager appeared, and forewarned by the clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."

"But I Didnt use them, she said."

"Well, they are here and you could have, " explained the manager. He went on to explain that she could have also seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous. "We have the best entertainers from all over the world performing here", the manager said.

"But I didn't go to any of those shows," she said.

"Well, we have them, and you could have," the manager replied. No matter what amenity the manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" And the manager countered with his standard response.

After several minutes discussion, and with the manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him.

The manager was surprised when he looked at the check. "But madam, this check is for$50.00."

"That's correct. I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me," she replied.

"But I didn't!" Exclaimed the very surprised manager.[FONT="]
    [/FONT]

"Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."[FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

DON'T MESS WITH SENIOR CITIZENS

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in