+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lowboy & ac

Post Likes

Lowboy & ac

Middle of no where 20 minutes from everywhere. This was the job I unknowingly recovered R22a (propane) at. These jobs really make you believe it should be illegal to build a house with no basement entry. At least this was a split entry, but lugging the old patriot out almost did me in. I'm not crazy about the wiring but I didn't get to it on this one, had my hands full with everything else. It's done far better than before. Xl16i ac not pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    The ducts and vent look good. Is it permissible to directly connect the condensate drain to the plumbing?
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    In some states yes

Post Likes
    In this case, yes, and it is gray water also and I won't discuss the legality of how it's drained

Post Likes
    Another great job. Other than it's an oil furnace Our techs would love your spacer under the coil. Is that furnace a stripped Thermopride?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Another great job. Other than it's an oil furnace Our techs would love your spacer under the coil. Is that furnace a stripped Thermopride?
    Thanks. Yes, thermopride makes Trane's oil furnaces. I personally wish it was Bard, that's my preference for oil furnaces but thermopride makes a good furnace.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    The ducts and vent look good. Is it permissible to directly connect the condensate drain to the plumbing?
    Not in Ohio.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Middle of no where 20 minutes from everywhere. This was the job I unknowingly recovered R22a (propane) at. These jobs really make you believe it should be illegal to build a house with no basement entry. At least this was a split entry, but lugging the old patriot out almost did me in. I'm not crazy about the wiring but I didn't get to it on this one, had my hands full with everything else. It's done far better than before. Xl16i ac not pictured.
    It looks Sharp Taylor!

I also question that Condensate line directly ran to the Waste/ Vent, as well as that the Waste/ Vent doesn't even have a clean out.

All & all, it really looks "Good!".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Looking at that Waste/ Vent closer, ..... I'm believing that it's DYI, .... And "Hacked In" at that.

That Wye Fitting at floor level has it's "hub" connection buried below grade, & several of the fittings still have their decals on them from the local Hardware Store. The "Fall" of those lines is drastic, & they could, by vacuum, drain any trap.

In turn, ... Sewer Gas could enter your condensate drain Taylor.

Post Likes
    I appreciate the concern for the drain, but short story, yes, homeowner special, not tied to septic, also not in Ohio. I discussed a condensate pump with him but he hated it and told me to just hook it back up the way it was. Then he showed me where it drains, with the gutters. So, not too concerned about it personally. There's absolutely no code enforcement where he is.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    I appreciate the concern for the drain, but short story, yes, homeowner special, not tied to septic, also not in Ohio. I discussed a condensate pump with him but he hated it and told me to just hook it back up the way it was. Then he showed me where it drains, with the gutters. So, not too concerned about it personally. There's absolutely no code enforcement where he is.
    We, here in Brown County Ohio, do not have a Mechanical, nor an Electrical Department, for any Residential Work. For Commercial Work, State Inspectors come here from Clermont County.

The State Inspector, for My Area, will come upon "Request", & Inspect Residential HVAC Work,for a fee of course, & he will give me, & the H.O. a Certificate stating that the Installation was installed according to the Applicable Codes, as well as the Manufacturer's Specifications. Having that Certificate, is a "Plus" for the H.O., for the Peace of Mind, as well as a asset if the Home were to be sold in the Future.

In lieu of that Inspection, I put on My Contracts that the Installed Work, will Meet &/or Exceed the current Mechanical & Electrical Codes of the State of Ohio.

My concern about directly tying in to that "Grey water" system is that "If" it ever backed up, or worse yet, .... "If" it was ever directed tied in to the Septic System, ..... It could back up in to your System.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    We, here in Brown County Ohio, do not have a Mechanical, nor an Electrical Department, for any Residential Work. For Commercial Work, State Inspectors come here from Clermont County.

The State Inspector, for My Area, will come upon "Request", & Inspect Residential HVAC Work,for a fee of course, & he will give me, & the H.O. a Certificate stating that the Installation was installed according to the Applicable Codes, as well as the Manufacturer's Specifications. Having that Certificate, is a "Plus" for the H.O., for the Peace of Mind, as well as a asset if the Home were to be sold in the Future.

In lieu of that Inspection, I put on My Contracts that the Installed Work, will Meet &/or Exceed the current Mechanical & Electrical Codes of the State of Ohio.

My concern about directly tying in to that "Grey water" system is that "If" it ever backed up, or worse yet, .... "If" it was ever directed tied in to the Septic System, ..... It could back up in to your System.
    I understand, I've seen it happen, it's nasty! That is actually how I started the conversation about putting a pump in.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in