Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    This reminds me of a conversation I had with a FSR last night at a spring service school. I told him about a Frankensystem I was going to build and he gave me that "WHY" look. I said it is like people that climb Everest, to see if they can do it. I said it's a tech's Everest. He got a chuckle out of it.

Post Likes
    Cool stuff!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Poteet View Post
    BUT, not once did i actually get to enjoy it. i was watching and waiting... 12 hours a day, fully expecting this thing to combust. in hind sight, even if i caught a fire the second it started, id have been lucky to contain it. Dumb.

Or it may have gone to serve me reliably for a decade. But im just not willing to risk something so easily avoidable to save a few hundred bucks.
    If you wanted to cool the fan you could have found a double bladed version or add a shaft and blade. Put a heat sink on the fan body and duct the exhaust outside. The front blades would be the normal blower, the rear blades the fan cooler and the heat sink in the middle with a shroud and duct. Same as electric motors cool themselves.

Post Likes
    I think that if you put the attic fan in the incoming duct the fan would run much cooler. It would heat the Incoming air a bit but probably not enough to matter.

Woops I just saw that this is from 2018

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12