Thread: Follow up

Post Likes

Follow up

I posted a picture from this job with a bunch of others a while back. Job I did for a life long buddy this summer who was tired of his window shakers. He's having an outdoor wood burner installed soon so he can get away from his electric baseboard heat as well. Took forever to get the hydronic coil for some reason but it came in last week so I stopped by Saturday and sweated it in in preparation for the wood burner install. I've seen some interesting and sad work from some of the guys doing wood burners so I always make the connections at the hydronic coils if i'm supplying them. Plus if not done right you can't get into the upper panel where the main electrical connections are made. I'll stop back when the wood burner is ready to run to make any airflow adjustments.

This was a total custome duct job to give him an extra 2" head room. He's taller than me and i'm 6'1" so I don't blame him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Are those moonshine bottles on the water heater nice work

Post Likes
    I asked the same thing. He has no clue. And thanks.

Post Likes
    Looks amazing!! Great work. So is the water coil from trane or it installs into the air handler? I’ve built in a couple coils in my area but usually it’s a separate coil and I install it above the furnace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Those are made for trane to fit right in place of the heat strips the size cabinet determines how high the btuhs.

Post Likes
    should have opened one and smelt it if you felt really good it was good shine
    like em boys on moonshiners make

Post Likes
    This is on a massive family farm that has been around for almost 200 years. Surprised the hilltop we live on isn't named after them. They still have what's left of the original covered wagon this guy's great great etc. Grandparents came in when they settled this area. So i'm sure moonshiners are somewhere in that many generations. Of course it could be old bull urine too, I wasn't inclined to find out.

Post Likes
    Looks awesome! What's the reasoning behind putting the charging stems at the air handler, I've done that one commercial jobs just so I didn't have to pull a vacuum outside lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coharra88 View Post
    Looks awesome! What's the reasoning behind putting the charging stems at the air handler, I've done that one commercial jobs just so I didn't have to pull a vacuum outside lol
    Thanks. I've been doing it lately on a lot of our higher end jobs. I use them for the micron meter during vacuum for a more accurate reading. I was able to charge this system on a rainy day, so the name rainy day ports was very true on this job. Just finished up the vacuum when it started to sprinkle. It's also very convenient on jobs where the outdoor unit is a substantial distance from the indoor unit.