Post Likes

Fujitsu mini split hp

Three years ago I installed a fujitsu AOURLSF2 heat pump. 2 Evaps. A/C has always worked good. Last year had to replace a pipe temp indoor unit. This year when we switch to heat, nothing. The fan comes on faintly blowing air on the indoor units. Outside unit just sits, doing nothing. No codes, no flashing lights.Just steady green light on indoor units. Switch to a/c works good. Tech support is all over the lace. Last one I talked to said undercharged. I checked the charge, not under.
    Any ideas?
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Post Likes
    Can you elaborate on "pipe temp indoor unit"? Did you replace the fan coil as a whole or just a sensor of some kind? This seems like the likely culprit since it is the only change in the system since the last time the heat worked. It seems you have some kind of communication issue which could be happening for a variety of reasons. In the future, before calling tech support it is best to have lots of data such as pressures, temps, high and low voltage readings, etc. Have these written down and readily available so they can be steered in the right direction. If you don't have anything for them, they are forced to guess or tell you to get them some data. As for a WAG, if everything is hooked up correctly and cooling works as it should, it sounds like a heat relay which is generally a permanent part of a circuit board these days. I would do a lot of troubleshooting before I replaced a board though because they are expensive and customers prefer cheap fixes and no callbacks.

Post Likes
    Sorry, I left out "sensor". It was pipe temp sensor in unit A. As for readings, pressures and such, I have all that but the fellow I talked to Friday afternoon, must have tired. He would not accept previous readings I had taken. I talked to a tech Friday morning and we discussed what I had done but it was raining here so he told me when I got back to jobsite, call back and the tech would have me take some voltage tests. That afternoon I got back but the homeowner was not there. I had told them to leave both indoor units on heat, setting at 88. I was expecting to take voltage readings per the other tech. This guy would not accept any thing I had done previously. He wanted to connect gauges and run on a/c. I could not and he got mad because I had called and would not do what he said. I explained I had readings from the previous trip, nope. I am sure it is control problem from the outside unit but cannot prove it.

Post Likes
    Ah yes the Fujitsu. I had an issue with one and let me tell you a secret, I have them....Tech support @$@;: me out because I replaced a part without “their” authorization. Good luck with them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombboy90 View Post
    Ah yes the Fujitsu. I had an issue with one and let me tell you a secret, I have them....Tech support @$@;: me out because I replaced a part without “their” authorization. Good luck with them

I take a SWAG my self and replace the control board if I could get the part number.