Post Likes

Hmm Big business gettin' bigger, out with the old, etc...

Man, I see GlassDoor has a Whaley advert for a company *president* now. Guess the 2 folks working together as co-presidents is not working out. And I also see an advert for Area Managers, and they now require a degreed background to squeeze the customers/workers to the last penny. None of the old school area managers I had met or served under came close to having a degree in the old Whaley.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    So, you're watching the demise of your old company like I've watched the company I left six years ago. I guess your old place is in your blood too...even after retirement.
    PT bought the parts sales division MY old company (Ecolab Equipment Care) this past summer. I'm watching to see where that takes my old co-workers here in Nashville. They've already shut down their office and divvied them up.

The corporate way of making acquisitions, then parsing off or terminating the folks that don't make enough beans...is SADLY inevitable nowadays.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Yeah, it's just shocking seeing branch managers needing degrees is what struck me moreso. It's clearly to "straighten out" the lax policies of the unwashed people who actually work on things. And I know of so many people I worked with are just *not* going to make the cut, and they're too young to skip out and retire, You just don't work somewhere, in one little grungy building, watching the streams of people in and out for 13 years, and mentally walk away... ...

4. Likes CFESAmasterEGSR liked this post
    Post Likes
    Go work for yourself. Your personal service will kill these big guy and you will have fun making them look bad. I've been doing it for 30 years and it gets easier every year. On a side note the internet is making it possible to find the items you need for much less. I see their prices coming down if they want to survive.

Post Likes
    If I were not such an old fart, I might. But at almost 63 years, my knees just aren't up to the task anymore, and my tolerance for corporate crap precludes me from taking a "training" position, that *was* offered. But I knew I'd be training folks who clearly were not present (I forgot my tools. Again. 70 miles from home), plus having to keep up my own work level, just nope right out of that. And I was offered the "shop guy" position, at 1/3rd the pay. Ya. Nope me out again.

It's such a shame. This industry can be a goldmine for techs that are present, and don't mind getting grubby (I'm looking at you any fryer ever made), and who can tolerate a McDonalds at 11:45 front fryer emergency job.