Post Likes

Daikin Air Cooled Chiller

I'm doing a compressor change out on a Daikin AGZ150 Air Cooled Chiller. Recovered refrigerant. I got into the filter drier and found metal shavings that possibly came from the compressor that we're going to change out. A different company did the troubleshooting on this compressor and stated that it was grounded. Another technician from our company went to troubleshoot it and found the same thing. This compressor is still under warranty, but the only thing I'm worried about is that this circuit has two tandem compressors and I'm afraid that the other compressor will most likely go bad as well. What steps would you guys take with this change out?

Post Likes
    What caused the short? Bad contactor, bad in coming power, test the oil. Check your phase and current imbalance with the new compressor. Im guessing its a scroll compressor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes it's a Scrolled compressor, right now we don't know what caused the short. We found metal shavings on the filter drier cores. So we're adding new oil, new filter driers and virgin refrigerant.

Post Likes
    what I do when I have the oil line off is I put a 1/4" copper in where the oil line would be and suck all the oil out of the existing compressors. that will at least help get any dirty oil out. I put a 1/4" copper on a recovery tank and while pulling a vacuum I suck out oil.