+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has everyone had pretty good luck with Fieldpiece?

Post Likes

Has everyone had pretty good luck with Fieldpiece?

Hey y'all, looking at getting a new meter and was looking at the Fieldpiece lt16a, I know it has been "retired" but I like some of the functions you get on it that you don't on the lt17a.
    Does everyone like their meters from FP? how accurate are their accessories?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have a pair of SC440 clamp meters and they beat anything I've tried, and my brother is an electrician who swears by fluke. Even he has to admit it's one of the best.
    I take care of my tools, but both of mine have been dropped, wet, drug under houses, on rooftops in 100° heat, left in cold trucks days on end, for over 3 years now and no hiccups.
    My brother works where they have calibrated instruments and mine are both always right on the money so far. I can afford anything I want in tools, and have used lots of others, these are what I've kept and trust to not let me down. I was just a little while ago working on a small blower and did inrush with both meters on the same line, 24.29 and 24.42, pretty darn close. The last check I did at my Bros work showed all reading almost dead on, very consistent between both meters and calibrated source.
    That said, I do know some of the older FP meters were slow, but I've not used a FP mm lately. I think if I was determined to have a mm vs a clamp meter, I'd look at fluke or "maybe" klein. If you've used that meter and like it, then it'd be a no brainer.

Post Likes

Post Likes

fp good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Referman13 View Post
    Hey y'all, looking at getting a new meter and was looking at the Fieldpiece lt16a, I know it has been "retired" but I like some of the functions you get on it that you don't on the lt17a.
    Does everyone like their meters from FP? how accurate are their accessories?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    i like all FP tools. If you like staus, and paying more, buy Fluke.

Post Likes
    My first meter was a Fieldpiece SC53 that I beat the snot out of on a daily basis for about 5 years. She’s not pretty but still works perfectly today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Fieldpiece has excellent customer service.

Post Likes
    Started out with an SC75... then an SC76... now an SC77...
    Over something like 25+ years...

They are rugged and dependable meters...
    Albeit this series is not good with inrush current...
    Use a different meter for that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I think it's time to move on. Looking for new options now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in