+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oversized boiler replacement

Post Likes

Oversized boiler replacement

Replaced a oversized process boiler with a high efficient NTI. Isolated the boiler with a plate heat exchanger. Since install over a year ago more piping has been added to the process side. Been working great

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    why all the water stains running down the old boiler exhaust piping did it leak? the new set up looks grate

Post Likes
    Depending on the water temperature that you are running you might be OK, but I always cringe when I see PVC piping used for a boiler's flue pipe. The maximum temperature that PVC is rated for is 140F. Most boilers run hotter than that. In your install manual it probably says something about either using CPVC for the entire flue run, or at the very least starting your vent piping with a short chunk of CPVC before transitioning to PVC and then setting the boiler to run at a lower maximum temperature. If I'm not mistaken, these boilers even come with a short piece of CPVC for you to use.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    There is a short piece of grey cpvc on the exhaust on the left. Think it is only about 6 inches or so cant see it real well.

Post Likes
    why was the old boiler all stained up with what looks like condensation running down one side

Post Likes
    Roof leak

Post Likes
    dam that was one heck of a roof leak

Post Likes
    I can never seam to get my fiberglass insulation to look that nice. Granted I only use it on steam boilers, but still, that looks so darn nice and clean.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    You talking to the insulator. All you need is a bucket of mastic lol. Hot water and steam are easy. Chilled water can be a *****. Eveything needs to be covered. Or you have a mess

Post Likes
    So what are the main benefits to using a heat exchanger and isolating the boiler loop to that one load?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    So what are the main benefits to using a heat exchanger and isolating the boiler loop to that one load?
    Takes care of heated jackets in a chocolate production facility. The old system was non pressurized and product unded up in the boiler loop. We wanted to protect the boiler from that, keep it pressurized, and run inhibitor in the boiler loop. Would rather end up cleaning or replacing the heat exchanger than destroying the boiler.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in