Thread: Walk-in freezer

Post Likes

Walk-in freezer

Walk-in freeze HTE26-75B-D Evaporator. Condenser unit model #AVA2510ZXNXC. I have no manual what
    are the superheat numbers and sub cooling numbers? R404A. Freezer was at 24 degrees , AO 54, lo 4.2psi,
    hi 145, SH 90.5,SC 15.2. I added 2.3 lbs of R404A. Freezer dropped to its set point 5 degrees. How do I find
    a leak when they won't let me shut it down and how much refrigerant does it take? I did watch my site glass
    most of all the bubbles gone . After the 2.3 lbs of R404 . 70.1 SH, SC 21.9, lo 12psi, hi 160, AO52.

Post Likes
    This is pretty basic stuff. Are you a tech?

Anyways, sub cooling doesn't really matter on anything with a receiver, and superheat on a freezer won't tell you anything until the box gets close to setpoint.

If the condenser is indoors, you just need to clear the sight glass and you should be good.

If the condensing unit is outdoors and if it has a headmaster-type valve you need to add extra refrigerant to fill up the receiver a little bit more. It should be somewhere between about 1/4 full on the coldest day of the year, and 3/4 full on the hottest day of the year.

That's all I'm going to say for now since I don't want to upset the mods too much.

If you are a tech, try to get pro status and we can help you more.

Good luck.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes

walk-in freezer

This unit is small it has a small receiver and it doesn't have a headmaster valve. Like I said I have it up and running and it reached the set point. I wanted to know if there is a better or more accurate way to charge this unit other than charging by the site glass . As far as being a tech I don't know. I work for a very large company in maintenance. They assigned me to HVAC-R. I work on a lot of different equipment Thermotrons, Trane, Aaons, ice makers, Carrier chillers 300 tons ,multi-stack units and walk-in coolers and freezers. I have no one to train me so I read a lot of manufacture manuals. I have no technical degree. so I do the best that I can .

Post Likes
    Charging to a clear SG is the best way BUT.....
    there are a lot of things to take into consideration.

Check with the IOM for complete details on proper charging!