Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPR or CPR

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chilliwilly View Post
    Thank's both of you.

There isn't sufficient information when it comes to component selection, I attended a short course on design and selection some years ago but still came away scratching my head, even at college the subject wasn't really covered.

Does anyone have any pointers regarding system design and selection which focuses more on refrigeration engineering, other heat load calcs which only involves adding up the general factors such as sun path data, seasons, ambience, envelope, and other internal factors etc.

I have searched for some years now but haven't made much progress, I'm only left to think it through and develop my understanding from experience and coming on here.
    For simple box load calculations:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Now I've heard this guys pretty good

https://icemeister.net/backroom/

Post Likes
    Probably the best resource for doing load estimates and equipment selection is the Heatcraft Engineering Manual:

http://www.heatcraftrpd.com/PDF/Misc/EM.pdf

The first 20 pages deal with the load calculations for typical walk-in coolers and freezers. Its taken from the method published in the ASHRAE handbook. It's the longhand way of determining the load and is important to understand and do a few of these to get a better feel for the basics. After that, there are numerous computer applications available online from the major equipment manufacturers.

Starting on p.21 the Heatcraft manual has a very good section for component selection or how to match up a condensing unit with an evaporator coil. Again, many of the online programs provided by manufacturers will also select equipment based on the calculated load, but it's still good to have a knowledge of where these selections come from so you have a better seat of the pants feel for what you're doing.

Post Likes
    If you want more in depth engineering style talk, search Google for the refrigeration engineers forum. They tend to get pretty deep on topics over there.
    Thank's both of you.

There isn't sufficient information when it comes to component selection, I attended a short course on design and selection some years ago but still came away scratching my head, even at college the subject wasn't really covered.

Does anyone have any pointers regarding system design and selection which focuses more on refrigeration engineering, other heat load calcs which only involves adding up the general factors such as sun path data, seasons, ambience, envelope, and other internal factors etc.

I have searched for some years now but haven't made much progress, I'm only left to think it through and develop my understanding from experience and coming on here.
    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank's for the link pecmsg, I don't mean to sound ungrateful but that link only appears to be for heat load calcs/box sizing but doesn't cover the stored product loads heat of respiration, and the other link looks like its for first year apprentices and trainees.

It's the application process that follows the heat load calcs that I'm after, where the component selection and sizing are done and there is an understanding being offered regarding the process. Rather than just the monkey see monkey do course that I did some years ago that still left me scratching my head afterwards.

Icemeister, I'll have a look at your website and heat craft link more in depth this evening.

BaLloyd thank's I'll have a look at that website later.
    You don't get owt for nowt.

Cheers ah kid

Post Likes
    The Sizing Chart is just as i said for general information only and yes there is a lot more to it.

Post Likes
    Thank's pecmsg

Do you have any other info with a lot more in it?
    You don't get owt for nowt.

Cheers ah kid

Post Likes
    Thank's pecmsg

Do you have any other info with a lot more in it?
    In the fine print it gives a few more Calc s.
    The link Ice posted from heatcraft gets into details!

Post Likes
    Post up your box size/ location and product storage needs information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12