Post Likes

Furnace ready to go BOOM!

I got called out to look at a Propane Furnace that hadn't been working for a few years, several other techs had been out on it, but none were able to get it to work. Name:  Furnace Ready to go BOOM.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  193.4 KB

Apparently one of the previous techs decided that it was okay to move the Flame Sensor to the burner with the HSI, guess it doesn't matter if the other 5 burners lite.

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    And you’d better run solid pipe through the cabinet instead of the flexible gas connector.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Its a 15+ year old install, so it was in code at the time. Any future replacement will get rigid pipe and a tee.

Post Likes
    I relocated the Flame Sensor back to the OEM Position and tried to start the Furnace, found only the top 2 Burners lite off.

Checked the LP Gas pressure to the Furnace, found only 10.5"WC pressure inlet to the Furnace, but drops to 9"WC on startup. Also checked the Water Heater, found it had Low LP Gas pressure. Had the LP Regulator adjusted up to 12"WC and rechecked the Furnace.

Found it now lite off 4 of the 6 Burners. Had to clean debris out of the Burner and now all 6 burners lite.

Customer now has a reliable Heat source.

6. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    says the tech should not be working on units like this until he or she understands why the flame sensor is whare it is

8. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    And you’d better run solid pipe through the cabinet instead of the flexible gas connector.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    This just shows the incompetence of some in the field. Definitely a way to gain a lifelong customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nate Certified

Post Likes
    Customer never complained about hard lightoff? Like blowing the access door off the furnace hard?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Customer never complained about hard lightoff? Like blowing the access door off the furnace hard?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)