Post Likes

Looking for help learning EC-NET AX, N4 & gfx

Hello,

First I am new to this site, I spent about an hour looking at various posts on this forum. A couple months ago I started a job doing building automation. My schooling has been in industrial automation and my work experience prior was an electrician in a shipyard working on ship automation. As you may notice, nothing I have done up to this point has really prepared me for HVAC building automation. My supervisor who has had the privileged of doing this type of work for 20 years and has this impression that I can just figure it out for myself and doesn't support any effort for me to get specialized training, nor any interest in training me himself. I have spent countless hours already reading various online guides and most of the material from my point of view feels very fragmented and not organized well or assumes you have a strong background in using their equipment/software. The "Getting Started" guides are laughable as it's like reading an Oxford dictionary and not like a guide to help with learning the programs. I am looking for any type of training material that would help me get on my feet and moving forward with these software packages. It seems to be a reoccurring theme with employers not wanting to pay to train or attempt to train employees themselves. I apologize if any of this seems like I am ranting, I am just very frustrated with how very little I have progressed in this line of work. I realize that learning a new skill, trade, job takes time, but the current atmosphere of my employment I don't feel I have that kind of time.

Post Likes
    If your employer doesn't want to train you or pay to send you to training I would be looking for a new employer. All of my employers over 25 years have paid for factory training.

Post Likes
    This ^^^^^

Put an email address in your profile so I, and maybe others, can send you some pertinent info. on AX and N4.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Your assessment of the Niagara help documents is pretty spot on. It is not helpful for beginners at all. The gfx documentation is significantly better. It won't teach you how to use the software from start to finish, but every function is very well documented such that if you have a basic understanding of how the gfx works, you can gain insight into all the functions the package offers. Add your email to your profile as previously suggested, and myself and others may be able to offer some assistance. That said, if your employer refuses to offer training, I'd get whatever minimum experience is required to jump ship for somewhere else.

Post Likes
    Updated email, I wasn't aware of the emailing feature. Thank you.