Post Likes

N4 ASD Driver Issue

I'm integrating into so MN-FLO3Ts through some MN-ASDI, i have no problem discovering the controllers or the points, I have created a Bacnet Export Table to push the points out to another device, everything is working perfectly except for the ems writable points, no matter what we do at the main head end it will not push an override command down to the controller. I have my export table set up correctly, the writable points are set up to be writable at every priority. I've done this a few times with Johnson Controls UNTs and Dxs, is there something else I have to add to these ASD points to get them to accept an override? TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    I'm assuming you are using the Maxline driver. The standard ASD bus controllers like the MZIIs and MFLOs have a Block section of the controller config that allows overrides on the physical outputs. The MicroNet stuff through the ASD to MNet bridge does not have that. So if it's not an EMS AV or BV, you are out of luck.

BTW, the MNet bridge MUST be powered independently of any other controller due to its full wave bridge power supply. If you try to add another controller that uses a common ground on the same transformer, By-By MNet bridge.

Post Likes
    Should be a bacnet user in your user manager now. Is the bacnet user setup with a profile to read and write in the user manager or the category service?
    FYI the user may be hidden and you’ll have to go to the slot sheet to unhide it. Also DO NOT change the password on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    I'm integrating into so MN-FLO3Ts through some MN-ASDI, i have no problem discovering the controllers or the points, I have created a Bacnet Export Table to push the points out to another device, everything is working perfectly except for the ems writable points, no matter what we do at the main head end it will not push an override command down to the controller. I have my export table set up correctly, the writable points are set up to be writable at every priority. I've done this a few times with Johnson Controls UNTs and Dxs, is there something else I have to add to these ASD points to get them to accept an override? TIA.
    Oops, you did say the problem was with the EMS points. Can you write to then directly from the point manager?

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the replies, it's been a year since I've put a Jace in, don't use them that often anymore, I had to change my Bacnet user privileges, also had to set a value, not null for my Boolean Writables. Asked for help and finally getting to look at this thread lol.

Post Likes
    That BACnet user threw me the first time, and a couple times later too. Did you just grant it SU or is there something more specific that can be done?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    That BACnet user threw me the first time, and a couple times later too. Did you just grant it SU or is there something more specific that can be done?
    First N4 job, seems like the only thing I could change it to was an admin, I changed the password on it to, I did the last one a year ago so I completely forgot or thought I looked at it and I was good SMH.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    SU or is there something more specific that can be done?
    Don't use it as a outbound translator, barely ever. Guessing as any user in the tbox world, you should be working in the category setup vs full on SU out of the gate in AX. N4 refines this a bit more and has changes to the whole permission scheme a bit. Sure SU will work.

As you can guess, SU for just XYZ export writes = sledge hammer vs finishing nail.
    Last edited by orion242; 10-25-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/