Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I didn't catch that at first glance. The intake fitting is the one in the center so it enters the burner box. The exhaust is the fitting near the top of the furnace.
    Hacks are endlessly creative.

I trust you put the 3x2 reducer on a vertical portion of the pipe so it doesn't keep 1/2" of water in it all the time.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    I didn't catch that at first glance. The intake fitting is the one in the center so it enters the burner box. The exhaust is the fitting near the top of the furnace.

I trust you put the 3x2 reducer on a vertical portion of the pipe so it doesn't keep 1/2" of water in it all the time.
    Yes I did install the reducer vertically. I also added strapping to the vent in order to properly support it and keep it in position. Im currently in the process of a new duct design to help fix the mess they created. Its a shame to have good equipment but dishonest people install it in a manor that is extremely dangerous. I wonder how these hackers sleep at night or yet still have people calling for their services...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I noticed the drain line is insulated, will it get below freezing in the attic?

Post Likes
    I'd venture that if you check the installation instructions; there should be 12" of pipe & a 90 on the intake.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    I'd venture that if you check the installation instructions; there should be 12" of pipe & a 90 on the intake.
    I cut the pipe between the two 90s in the picture and after moving the pipe to the exhaust port I added pipe and two 45s for the intake.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I noticed the drain line is insulated, will it get below freezing in the attic?
    No Im down south, our schools close for the chance of freezing rain. The drain is insulated because it will condensate in the summer. I did tell the homeowner that where the furnace drain leaves the house it will probably freeze in the winter and a condensate pump should be installed under the house to ensure that dont happen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    Yes I did install the reducer vertically. I also added strapping to the vent in order to properly support it and keep it in position. I’m currently in the process of a new duct design to help fix the mess they created. It’s a shame to have good equipment but dishonest people install it in a manor that is extremely dangerous. I wonder how these hackers sleep at night or yet still have people calling for their services...

Good work.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    More then i care to rember and yes i fix them all or i tell the client i wont touch the unit until its fixed correctly

Post Likes
    It's a shame so many contractors (not just HVAC) just don't care about doing things right or being honest. Hell, some even thrive on lying and scamming unsuspecting clients out of their hard earned money.

10. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by williamheal View Post
    It's a shame so many contractors (not just HVAC) just don't care about doing things right or being honest. Hell, some even thrive on lying and scamming unsuspecting clients out of their hard earned money.
    Your right, especially in the hvac industry the homeowner, builder, heck basically everybody has to lean on us to do it right and condition that home or space the way it should be/needs to be. Or at least offer all possible options and leave it to the homeowner to chose, but most people place their bids high and install the cheapest unit in the cheapest way which leads into the biggest problems and now many homeowners are skeptical on what their being told about their unit/system. Ive found ways to simplify the problems to the homeowner so they can understand the issue and gain their trust to do the job correctly and its blown my business up. Being fair and honest is the only way I see things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by williamheal View Post
    That also Includes Politicians, Lawyers, Ministers, Rabbis, Priests, Imams,& Oh Yeah! .... At times, ... Wives & Girlfriends.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

14. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    Your right, especially in the hvac industry the homeowner, builder, heck basically everybody has to lean on us to do it right and condition that home or space the way it should be/needs to be. Or at least offer all possible options and leave it to the homeowner to chose, but most people place their bids high and install the cheapest unit in the cheapest way which leads into the biggest problems and now many homeowners are skeptical on what their being told about their unit/system. I’ve found ways to simplify the problems to the homeowner so they can understand the issue and gain their trust to do the job correctly and it’s blown my business up. Being fair and honest is the only way I see things.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12