Post Likes

50a55-843 Served Crispy

This is my first post hello my name's Qbert and I've been a lurker for a while but I decided to register and show this amazing piece of failure to the world. This happened to both furnace boards I have to units upstairs and downstairs one is the revised version and one is the old version which is 50a50-143 White-Rodgers.

the crazy thing is I had them fail within weeks of each other and I traced it obviously to the 24 volt low side. I guessed it came from the contactor / compressor. I'm only a technician and do-it-yourselfer and expert YouTube video Watcher on how to fix certain issues. my understanding on stuff like this is you only know about it and learn about it when you encounter it.

I'm trying to find how to post pictures because without the pictures this post would just be an introduction to the community for myself.

I'm not sure on the tonnage of the condensers but I know that there Copeland piston compressors. my understanding is this stuff all kind of works the same way so I don't really need to explain everything I guess. the one thing that I do need to know is I am using r290 instead of R22 which is what the unit originally was installed with. I learned about this little pack I guess you could call it from either this message board or another message board because I wanted to save money on or 22 plus not having a license yet I can't technically purchase it. Not that I couldn't purchase it on my own through other channels :-P

Another thing to point out is it burned up the contactors also. It just blows my mind that they could fail the exact same way within short time period.

I have learned to wire in a fuse myself on the secondary 24 volt side even though the revised board has a 5 amp fuse I'm not sure it's on the low voltage side. I've been studying the board to try to figure out where it's located on the schematic but there is no such schematic so I have to kind of guess by looking at the electronics myself.

Okay enough with the talking I will see how you post pictures. I'm not seeing a button so I might have to log onto computer and answer a HTML code and grab the picture from a server.

So hello everyone and drum roll as I try to post this picture and to see the wonderful failure......
    50a55-843 massive failure
    Here's the link to the gallery until I can log on to a computer to inject images hopefully....

Ok I need 7 posts apparently, so I will edit this in 6 posts.

Post Likes
    So why the hell it says you need a miniunm of 7 posts to insert images when in fact you need at least 8???
    What the hell guys??? Don't start acting like work to me. I come here to take breaks from work
    WHITE RODGERS
    50a55-843

This one has the older replaced board above it, which is the 50a50-143

Post Likes
    I have seen your posts over in the political arena...

Figured I would catch you here and explain something:

First...
    Are you employed in the heating/AC/refrigeration trades???
    If not... then we cannot give you any DIY information... it is the rules of the owners of the forum... us PRO's that post here would be disciplined if we did.

If you ARE employed in the trades... get your post count up and apply for PRO membership!
    What you are seeing in the public forums is nothing compared to what is behind the PRO door!
    Many a green tech has educated themselves at this forum!

On the boards...
    Looks like you burned one... grin!

Sorry... cannot talk much about board issues in a public forum... rules you know...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    You're using propane on a residential air conditioning unit?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    First post for me. I've been visiting this forum off and on learned some stuff(got some knowledgeable people here) and had a few laughs over some of the posts... With that said I really never had an inclination to make an account until now just because I'm reading this and saying to myself what the heck? Why would this be a good idea to put r290 into a r22 system not designed for it, system well above 5 oz, and a system with open electrical contacts that are obviously arcing...again what the heck? Good luck 😂